1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

creating dvd w/out dvd burner

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by jooney573, Sep 18, 2005.

1. jooney573

jooney573 Member

is there some way that i could download software off the internet so i can make dvds with videos from my computer? even if i dont have a dvd burner?

i have 2 drives, the dvd at top, and the compact disc one at the bottom.

-thanks

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

jooney573--
    No--you cannot make DVD's without a DVD burner--You say you have a DVD at the top--I guess that means it is a DVD-Rom (Read Only)
    You may well be able to make CD video with your cd burner, but not DVD---wish I had better news

Whitfield

3. jooney573

jooney573 Member

Yeah, I can watch DVD's with the top one. And I can make a CD video with the bottom. And just wondering, how much would a DVD burner cost?

4. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

jooney573--
    I got a Lite-On 1673s for $65 (internal) and had a friend install it--I love it--discs that I make using DVD+R Media and set to Booktype will play in any player just about--Good Luck

Whitfield

5. fkock

fkock Regular member

6. Mez

Mez Active member

I have a Lite-ON and HIGHLY recommend it. They are the cheapest out there and did not realize how good they were. I have seen them for as little as $40 for the internal dual layer. If you ever try to copy a scratched DVD the quality of the reader will make or break you.