1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

creative zen, touch

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by dellsuck, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dellsuck

dellsuck Guest

I"m getting mp3 player, What's the differnt with creative zen and touch? which one's better?

EDIT:should i get a ipod? what's the differnt?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2005
  2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

here's a bit of info here - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/223861

i think you mean what's the difference between zen touch and zen micro. as far as i know the touch starts at 20gb (i might be wrong), but the micro starts at i think 4gb.

as for ipod, the batteries are built--in so when they pack up you have to ship off the whole ipod for battery to be replaced. i've not used the itunes service nor know much about it but i believe you have to use it for transferring songs to the ipod (even if you are transferring from a cd that you have).

i have the 20gb zen touch, and it's excellent. one of the programs that comes with it even rips tracks off cd and you can import them to your player thru the program too, it's quite easy to use and you can also very easily rename stuff etc

just googled for a few links for ya.. -

http://stores.tomshardware.com/rating_getprodrev.php/product_id=3173505/id_type=M
    http://forevergeek.com/gadgets/zen_micro_4gb_vs_ipod_mini_4gb.php
    http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/article.asp?SCID=20&CIID=22453
    http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=213&subcategory=214&product=10795&nav=1

3. dellsuck

dellsuck Guest

4. solargame

solargame Regular member

zen touch is more cool looking has 20 gigs for around 300 i think. the zen xtra looks like a cassette player and has 30 gigs for 180!!!(walmart.com) performance wise the touch is great the xtra is for people who gotta alot of songs and want a low cost solution. still the ipod is the shit. its so cool. jus the price grinds my balls. the nano looks cool but crazy expensive (2 gigs!!! wtf, only 2 for 200 dollars, and 4 gigs for 250!!!!)

5. unolord

unolord Regular member

Stay away from the Zen micro. Major problems with the headphone jack dying. All over Creative's own forums.

6. dellsuck

dellsuck Guest

So the only differnt is the LOOK and MONEY?

7. dellsuck

dellsuck Guest

So what your saying is IPod sucks? ISn't it that ipod have games,notepad,color screen?
    All i'm asking is what's the differce with zen touch,xtra, and ipod.
    I know that ipod is build in batteries. is touch build in battesies?
    Can touch or xtra have notepad? can you view dates and time on touch or xtra?

8. creaky

@dellsuck - i've given yuo some stuff to read up there, you did'nt mention in the beginning about xtra (haven't come across that one), have you read the stuff i posted and have you done a google search for the bits that haven't been answered ?

9. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

@creaky

don't bother bending over backwards, mate.

you have given him eecessive help already. he probably hasn't even bothered to follow the links. because if he had then he'd know by now. he wants you to spell it out for him. dont let him take the piss! :)

10. creaky

Lethal_B - lol :)

11. solargame

solargame Regular member

no, im not saying the ipod sucks. im sayin its the best. just the price is crazy high.

12. Lethal_B

i have the privilege of owning both the CZT 20gb and the ipod 60gig.

i would still have the zen but for the lack of space.

if anyone is wondering which one to get, heres an impartial bit of info:

Zen

Pros:

Great Sound
    Can just Drag & Drop Your Tunes No Prob
    Software (mediaSource) is frighteningly easy to use

Con's

>Doesn't Have the style factor of the ipod
    >Touch Pad is a little hard to get used to
    >Has been known to freeze. mine has once but the battery was pretty dead. its been fine since
    >Comes with crap headphones. i recommend sony fontopes or sennhieser.

Pod (60 gb)

Pros:

>Very slick, easy to use, nice colour screen.
    >It just has so much stuff to get stuck into. Photo's, games Podcasts etc which aren't essential but are excellent additions
    >Obviously, Better choice of storage (unless you want the heavier zen xtra) sorry auslander! ;)
    >more accessories available
    >smart playlists...they automatically update to whatever you want eg most played, best rating, recently added & many other.

Cons:

>It is sooooo easily scratched. there's not a mark on my zen, whereas the pod is a bit defaced with all the scratches.
    >The whole i-tunes/music transfer thing is too extreme. i like the drag and drop thing with the zen. basically, if your computer screws up, you have to go to major lengths to be able to add more music and not lose whats on the ipod, as, it `automatically updated it with what's` on itunes.
    >tempremantal- not all that reliable.
    >sound isn't great. i had to spend £30 on a pair of headphones to get the use out of it that i paid £300 for it to do in the begining!

if you want smaller storage, philips do a great 5 odd gig HDD mp3. ill try get a picture

13. dellsuck

dellsuck Guest

I heard that the new ipods can drop and drag. What about xtra?

14. Lethal_B

Aw man find out for yourself. we have given you too much help. and you can't be bothered to read through it. the Xtra is the 60 gb one.

15. solargame

solargame Regular member

this kids impossible.

16. dellsuck

dellsuck Guest

NO duh!!!! I was wondering what features were differnet.
    BTW if you don't know shi# about mp3 player don't post.

17. solargame

solargame Regular member

dude, your the one that doesnt know shit about mp3 players, dont be hatin of lethal b

18. dellsuck

dellsuck Guest

solargame i know more about mp3 player then you. Also only reason your in senior member is cause you camp in the safety section. I never ever saw you helped someone. EVER.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2005
  19. solargame

solargame Regular member

it shows.

and if you know so much about mp3 players, why are you asking us, i spent almost half an hour looking for info for your sorry ass. and no thanks.

20. dellsuck

dellsuck Guest

creaky the two of the site you gave me was about ipod min vs micro.
    I never said anything about micro.
    JUst IPOD,TOUCH,XTRA
    I know that touch has long build in batteriy life. and xtra has a removble battery. I just want to know the features of these MP3.
    SO i can pick one.
    would i pay $100 more doller for ipod cause it's color and has notepad and have features that creative doesn't have?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.