1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Me WITH WINDOWS SOON!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by bigben11, Sep 21, 2005.

1. bigben11

bigben11 Member

Hey guys!

For some reason my pc started saying that I need to activate it.

Today Is the last day for activation and I never upgraded at all. I think it tried to install windown xp Pro (I have home edition) Anyways, Today is the last day to activate. If I wait any longer, my Pc will become unusable until I activate it. I have called dell and microsft and they cant help. No cd keys weork. I am trying to reinstall home, but when i pop in the cd it says A newer version is installed and I cant install it. How do I remove xp pro from my pc and keep xp home? What do I do guys! Please help!

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

how long was the version in there & is it asking for a password??

3. bigben11

bigben11 Member

Like 59 days and yes it wants aq cd key...........Non work even the ones microsoft gave me!

4. rjr20001

rjr20001 Member

you can reinstall windows by booting up your pc with win xp home in drive,hitting either delete or an F key(not sure it differs for some pc's)to enter setup,then find the boot sequence option and change 1st boot to cd drive,nowreboot your pc(save and exit setup)and youll be given an option to boot from cd,then just follow the instructions,but be warned youll lose all your data on that drive!

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

won't loose your data if re-installing windows but might have to re-install the programs.