1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd43 problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by raygen14, Sep 22, 2005.

1. raygen14

raygen14 Member

Ok I have been using dvd43 with dvdshrink and nero for a few months now with no problems. Lately I have been having a lot of problems with dvd43 (I think). For a while when I would start to open the dvd (like when you first start dvdshrink) it kept giving me this error message: Copy protection error- The read failed bc the sector is encrypted. I finally got a dvd uploaded and encrypted but when I got to the point where I had to put in a blank dvd it couldnt find the disc. It just kept checking for it but never found anything. I tried a ton of different dvds and even two different brands and nothing worked. So I uninstalled dvd43 and reinstalled it and now the error message I get when I try to open it is: Cant connet dvd43 driver must be installed, up to date, and active. I have no clue what is going on here, could someone PLEASE help me. I dont want to switch programs bc it took me forever to figure out how to use this one. Oh another thing-I dont know if it has to do with this but after I kept getting the error msgs from burning dvds none of my cd burning software could find a blank cd in the drive either. I had to restart the computer before they would work. Thanks so much for any help!!

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Make sure that none of your firwall, anti-spy, anti-virues etc etc programs are blocking DVD43 from working.

3. raygen14

raygen14 Member

Its none of that, I checked first thing and nothing is blocking it.

4. YOBUZZB

YOBUZZB Regular member

What are you backing up? DVD43 can't decrypt everything. There are a number of movies with different or additional encryption. Take a look at AnyDVD. This is the best! You get a 21day free trial then you must purchase for about $39.00 and free lifetime updates afterwards. AnyDVD always works and updates are usually put out before new encryption methods hit the market. Sometimes free means headaches and paying means freedom from headaches. This is one of those times!

5. david66

david66 Regular member

I had the same problem with dvd43 i got the same error message i solved the problem by formating the hard drive and doing a clean install i had to reinstall dvd 43 now it works the way it was intended to

6. raygen14

raygen14 Member

I only want to get a new program as a last resort so I dont have to try and figure everything out again. I will try and format and reinstall one more time. Does anyone know why it wouldnt read the blank dvd?? It had already uploaded the movie and was ready to burn but the computer couldnt find the blank dvd that was in the drive. Btw, thanks for all the help guys.

7. mhelms1

mhelms1 Guest

I'm having the same problem. DVD43 worked OK the first time, but has failed since. It does not detect encryption, and eventually I get an error message saying it cannot run because it needs the driver. I have tried all the above, plus (after using control panel uninstall) I have searched on DVD43, found and deleted a dozen or so files.

I am trying to use it with 1ClickDVD, which is still in the trial phase. I will probably not purchase it because of this problem.

HELP!

8. wvmcl

wvmcl Member

Make sure you have the latest update of DVD43, which I think came out in late August. The new version has worked on everything I have tried it on, including Sony movies, no problem.

Lots of people on this site say Any DVD is better, but I have never had any trouble with DVD43, and it's free!

9. ireland

ireland Active member

THE LATEST POSTED ON OUR SITE
    DVD43 v3.62
    DVD43 is a small tool that integrates into Windows and overrides copy-protection mechanisms found on DVD-Video discs (namely, CSS) and DVD region limitations (in case you have RPC-2 DVD drive). Integrates nicely with CloneDVD, DVD2One, WinDVD, PowerDVD, etc.
    What's new in this version? Changelog is here.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd43.cfm

10. chubbyInc

chubbyInc Regular member

DVD43 and dvdxrescue work perfectly with eachother the only problem I have had is with backing up Bewitched it only copies the last 15 minutes. AnyDVD is a fine product I used it for the 21 days, but if you don't feel like paying go with DVD43.

11. ireland

ireland Active member

here is a dam good reasion to buy anydvd

AnyDVD tackles Sony DRM Rootkit Virus!
    If AnyDVD is installed and active on your PC, the new so-called "Sony DRM Rootkit Virus" has no access to your system and the affected audio CD appears unprotected regardless! Another good reason to get AnyDVD!

Read more information about Sony DRM Rootkit Virus:
    Sysinternals.com: Sony gone too far
    F-Secure.com: ...security implications
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

After reading this thread,will you still buy sony????
    Also you can post a comment in this thread
    VERY HOT READ,,Sony's DRM classed as Spyware and compromises PC security
    http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/253611

Last edited: Nov 6, 2005
  12. mhelms1

mhelms1 Guest

Maybe some houshot out there will develop an antivirus that will scramble any CD or DVD that contains the Sony virus. This will get Sony's attention in a big way... right square in the pocketbook. It'll serve them right for putting malicious spyware on our machines, then making it impossible to remove without severely impairing our machines.

13. chubbyInc

chubbyInc Regular member

Well it went from DVD43 and AnyDVD to Sony DRM Rootkit Virus.
    Are you sure AnyDVD works on Audio CDs? Does anyone know when the next update for DVD43 will be?

dbpowerAMP might work for CDs, I had a CD where you could only make 3 copies, but dbpowerAMP bypassed that.

Congrats to Sony on increasing everyones hatred towards them.

14. YOBUZZB

YOBUZZB Regular member

What's the use in posting assistance if newbie's won't read them? Read the post that are here, utilize the links that are offered and you'll save yourselves alot of headaches!!!!

15. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Yea YOBUZZB, someone had to eventualy say that, advice is offered and then same question is asked, I share your frustration. Cheers

16. mhelms1

mhelms1 Guest

We have tried all the stuff on this thread, but DVD43 just fails to do the job. I have had to join the dissidents and purchase AnyDvd, and its companions: Clone DVD and Clone CD. They work seamlessly. DVD43 sounds good, but only worked one time for me, and that time was flawed. It's hard as hell to get it off your machine once installed. I needed to use control panel, search, and regedit to get the files out. My computer is adequate to just about any graphics work: 2.8gb P4 with 800FSB, 1mb L2 Cache, HT; 300GB dedicated SATA hard drive; 3GB ddr memory, etc. I hope you do not have frustrating problems similar to the ones in this thread. Nobody deserves that.

Respectfully,

Mercer

17. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

I'll surely join the AnyDVD gang one day in the near future if all the applications/tools I have can no longer rip/decrypt any of the new release movies - there's no doubt I'll purchase AnyDVD for sure.

I'm not going to argue with anyone here, but I'll admit that I've used DVD43 in the past and still have the new version (use it occasionally) and it works nearly 99% without any issues for me. It's not my first choice for a cracking engine, but it's not that bad either - overall, it's free anyways.

On the other hand, I found DVDFab Decrypter (free cracking/decrypting and ripping) to be a very wonderful application/engine. DVDFab Decrypter can rip/decrypt as flawless as AnyDVD at the moment, and yes... it still does updates regularly when new encryptions were found.

Another great application/ripper is DVD Decrypter (free and very useful) - it still can rip and crack nearly 99% of the new release movies if you know how to use it.

In reality, it all boils down to the individual’s experiences and choices, so use whatever that works for you.

18. bgennett

bgennett Member

Is there any version of Dvd43 which will work in Win 98SE? And where can I find it. Thanks.

19. david66

david66 Regular member

any dvd willwork with win 98se if you have enough memory and a cpu faster than 500mh you need as much ram as your computer can handle

20. david66

david66 Regular member

error in last post dvd43 not any dvd