1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to get on xbox live with softmod

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by hunkre, Sep 22, 2005.

1. hunkre

hunkre Guest

please pm me and tell me how to use my xbox online with my softmod i broke my copy of halo 2 so want to use the backed u one online i have unleash x as my soft mod pm or post not sure if its against the rules to post t on here but i know you can pm me about it or email me a [REMOVED] plaese id like to play my halo 2 soon

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2005
  2. shisa

shisa Guest

One dont post ur email, and two you need to buy a new halo 2 to play on xbox live (not xbox online) u cant backup a copy of it on your modded xbox and then play it online, if you have a softmod and back it up u wont even be able to play on xbox live even with a new disk, oh never mind i forgot you can play on live with unleash x (duhhh) thought u had Evox, but no you cant play live with a backup of a game... just doesnt work!

3. hunkre

hunkre Guest

ok well in the last few hours i got a new copy anyways my friend sold it (5$) hella sick anyways if i wanted to play in custom game with mods how would i???? please tell me or yah pm me you know because i do have some sick mods please tell me how to get on live with a softmodded xbox with unleash x

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

hunkre

Let's have a look at the forum rules - posting email addies isn't allowed.

shisa

Advertising other forums here isn't cool so let's change the sig.

5. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

[bold]@hunkre[/bold]

6. hunkre

hunkre Guest

well im not useing a chip im useing softmod and i prolly will get banned anyways considering i know they check but still how do i do it to get on xbl i have connect but it doesnt work and i wanna show off to my friends in costum game cool thnx let me know

7. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@hunkre
    I've never tried with a softmodded box but I'm pretty sure you might have to uninstall the softmod.

Heres a tip: If you have a softmodded xbox and you've installed a large hdd. Place you factory hdd in when you want to go LIVE and take it out when you're done.

Hope that helps.

8. hunkre

hunkre Guest

i geuss but im not only wanting to just play i can get on live but my mods wont work i wanna know how to get my halo2 mods to work on xbl ...so if you know how to get on with softmod post here please

9. steveKwon

steveKwon Member

Hi,

I have a problem with xbl games as well. I softmodded my xbox and built a new Harddisk
    in..
    Now I noticed that I am not able to play xbl games (even offline). If I put in the original
    HDD I am able to!
    What is the reason for this? Is there a way out? Will a mod chip help me out?

Thanks for your help..

(I created the harddisk with xboxhdm)

Regards
    Steve

Last edited: Sep 26, 2005
  10. hunkre

hunkre Guest

well i dont know what the problem is but i do have a question how do i get the hdd to lock with xboxhdm steve if you could tell me that would help thnx

11. xtanmanx

xtanmanx Member

XBL should work fine with a softmod as long as you boot from a retail game. XBL looks at the EEPROM and your Harddrive to make sure they match.

12. badboy175

badboy175 Member

i got a modchip for my xbox and forgot to turn the modchip off and i got banned is there way to get back on live other than buying a new xbox?

13. xtanmanx

xtanmanx Member

the reason you were banned is because (more than likely) you signed on to XBL with OEM EEPROM and OEM Hard drive. then signed on with mod EEPROM (modchip) and OEM hard drive. Now MS has both EEPROM and the HDD identities. it may be possible if you get another chip and another harddrive, but by then you can buy a used xbox. i am picking up another one for $70 with 8 games and 2 controllers. gamestop sells them for $100. you can probably find them cheaper used from a private party.

although everything is "buyer beware"...if you sell yours, be nice to a fellow xboxer and let them know the box is banned from XBL.