1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Found a solution for Alcohol coasters! Please read.

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by aldaco12, Feb 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

(please note that this info has also been inserted in the 'quick guide' update)

Before reading this post you might want to read what RAW DAO is:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/23595

After this intro, let's go with the topic:

Alcohol coasters
    -----------------
    Some posts about Alcohol burning coasters arrived at Afterdawn's. Some people managed to fix that by changing application (CDRWin, Nero).
    Well, I did some experiments and I found that SOMETIMES ALCOHOL CANNOT DETECT IF THE BURNER IS CAPABLE BURNING "RAW DAO" OR NOT. ALL BURNING SEEMS TO WORK FINE BUT THE RESULTING CD IS A COASTER.
    I personally tested this on an old burner. I managed to burn DAO and RAW SAO, but when I tried to burn the same image RAW DAO (or RAW SAO 16) I got a coaster. The problem therefore seems to lie in the P/Q SUBchannel data handling. These subchannels are critical for the CD, if you mess with them the CD is completely unreadable (even by the powerful Isobuster)!!

In this case TRY TO CHOOSE A DIFFERENT MODE (RAW SAO on protected CDs, DAO/TAO on unprotected ones). You'll *not* be able to backup SecuROM protected discs but you'll manage to backup Laserlok/Safedisc.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.