1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help! evox dash doesnt work only ms dashboard!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Dzazzter, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Dzazzter

Dzazzter Member

i dont really know much about modding and i had this modded by somebody else. last night i fell asleep and forgot to turn off my xbox. then today i tried turning it on by switching the power button but its not loading the evox dahsboard. then i tried turning on the original dashboard by pressing the eject button and it did work. i remembered the guy telling me about shutting it down properly because if i dont it wont boot up the evox. he told me that if something goes wrong in needs to be sent back to him and he has to open up the xbox to reset something. i have a duox modchip, 120 gb hdd, xbox v1.1

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Whoever modded your Xbox is just trying to make extra $$ off of you now. There will be no need to "open your Xbox up" again and there is no "reset" button inside of the Xbox!

Here is what you can do:

Download Slayers from #xbins, here is a tutorial on how to do that, http://teammodders.com/viewtopic.php?t=96

Now, once you find Slayers on #xbins, it will come as a .torrent, so download the .torrent file. Once you have finally downloaded slayers, burn the ISO to a quality DVD-R using DVD Decrypter, Alcohol 120, Nero or something of that nature and pop it in your Xbox and boot it up. There is an option in there to reload the EvoX dashboard on to your Xbox's C: and go ahead and do that. You should now boot up to the EvoX dashboard again.