1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Macromedia Projector Error (WHY!!!)

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by suzeeQue, Sep 28, 2005.

1. suzeeQue

suzeeQue Member

Hello
    I've just purchased the Nero6.6 Ultra Edition, and I'm having a problem with Photoshow Express that came w/ the software. After I installed it on my harddrive, I cannot get it to load, whenever I click on the icon it starts to load and I get as far as the page w/ the logo and then it hangs and then the dreaded Macromedia Projector Error pops up and says Macromedia Projector has encountered a problem and needs to close. All the other programs on the disc work fine and I've even made a Vcd. I've uninstalled and cleaned and re-installed Photoshow Express, uninstalled again, clean w/tool and installed the Photoshow Elite trial version....same thing happened, same error. What I'd like to know, is there some sort of conflict w/ my pc (Win.xp) or some other program(s) I uninstalled the Roxio dvd burner program as well. Help! Help!!
    I really want to use this software. Can someone help me out?

2. umagumma

umagumma Member

You could try this:

Go to Nero web site and download the latest version from there and save it to someplace temporary like your desktop.

Next remove the existing instance of it (assuming you're running XP go to Control Panel > Add Remove Software and browse/remove the application.

Restart the machine and try installing the version you downloaded. Once you have a valid licence the Nero Downloads are free so make sure you get the lot just to be on the safe side.

See how it pans out with just the photoshow app first and you can decide from there.

3. suzeeQue

suzeeQue Member

Thank you for the reply.
    I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.

suzeeQ

4. umagumma

umagumma Member

Thinking about it some more...........check your macromedia software out too it might be a good thing to clear out your flash player and raplace t with version 7 or 8.

And another good tip - try get your hands on a good 'no fuss' registry cleaner that cleans up a lot of this stuff. I recommend Registry Mechanic 3 or later - and make sure you have good anti-spyware tools installed like AdAware or Microsoft's anti-spyware software. all this helps to cut down on conflict type problems.

Other than that I'd say buy a Mac if you can afford one I think the day of Microsoft is fast coming to an end with all these horrors it throws at you - and before they fix them they bring out the next version of their horrible operating system!

5. suzeeQue

suzeeQue Member

Okay, I did the d/l, uninstalled my program, installed the online version, (it didn't have Photoshow Express on it) so I installed the online trial version of Photoshow Elite...and it still gives me the error. :(

What to do?... :( I'll keep looking.

Thanks again.

SuzeeQue

6. umagumma

umagumma Member

Hi Again,

If your Nero is legit - first port of call would be their tech support team.

I think this sounds a lot like a messed up registry to me - see my previous reply for more info:

You can get more info on Registry Mechanic here: http://www.pctools.com/registry-mechanic/

If you still have problems after a reg scan you'll need to do a reliable birus scan and spyware scan to clean of your machine.

What I generally do is remove the problem software first - then clean the registry, clean any virus hreats or spyware - turn off system restore, reboot. Turn system retore back on again and then install the software again from scratch. However with all that said not all programs behave and one of the worst apps of all to upgrade is Alcohol 120% which prompted me to format my hard disc and reinstall the os from scratch as it seems to put registry entries everywhere. However for the most part my suggested method fixes many problems and if you still get problems you can download a program called hijack this and go to some of the spyware forums for more info.

7. gladu2

gladu2 Member

I have the same problem. Photoshow Express works fine on my PC but I get the "Macromedia has encountered a problem and needs to close" message on my laptop. I had tried updating Macromedia Flash previously and reinstalled Photoshow Express with the same results.
    Were you ever able to find a solution?

8. tednugent

tednugent Member

I have the same issue on a newly purchased nero photoshow deluxe justv as its about to burn the photoshow it pops up a macromedia prpjector error and shuts the program down I tried the registry editor uninstalling and reinstalling both nero and macromedia flash the nero support line had no Idea how to correct it and so far email tech support hasnt been helpful either if someone finds an answer to this problem please post it here And if i figure it out i will do likewise thanks