1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOFTMODDING TUT/ HALO MODDING TUT

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by EvilModda, Sep 28, 2005.

1. EvilModda

EvilModda Regular member

SOFTMOD HALO MODDING SCROLL DOWN
    OKaY! this is some stuff you might want to know about modding Halo 2 and xbox modding

WARNING:Its not my fault if you screw up your xbox Dont come whinig to me if you get ErRoR 16<--------Very Bad :(

1: Dont cheat!!! :p

Anyways to mod your xbox you will need Action replay, ORIGINAL First Mechassult, OR ORIGINAL First Splinter Cell, OR ORIGINAL 007: agent Under Fire. Any of these games will work No Platinum Hits crap.

Then you will need to set up Xbins: http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/xbins.php You will need to download a couple of programs

After you have set all of that up go into the xbins download site and go into XBOX; Exploits (I used Krazyies pick which one you like better) then get the corresponding game exploit that is the same as your games.

After you get it run the AR software and transport the exploit to your card (YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE UNZIPPED IT OR UNRARED IT!!!) Turn on the xbox and copy the exploit over to the xbox.

Load up the game and select the Gamesave....if it gives you an error screen which you can tell by if there is an number on the top left hand corner DONT WORRY you probably got a bad exploit..NOT YOUR FAULT!!! Get another kind of Exploit...UXE or whatever and run it

It should ask you a couple of questions and Do the back up procedure first

Put on any bios you wish or any dashboard you wish......

After you have installed you Softmod turn it on.....

Then write down the password.....It should be 40 characters long and make sure you wrote it down right DOUBLE CHECK IT.

YOUR DONE

The biggest answer to the biigest question NO YOU CANNOT MOD HALO 2 WITH YOUR FREAKING AR CARD NO TRANSPORTING MAPS TO YOUR AR THEY WILL NOT FIT YOU NOOBS!!!! AR=8 MB-----HALO MAPS=30 to 60 MB

YOU NEED A MODDED XBOX!!!!!!!
    HAlo 2 Modding
    To download and apply mods you will need PPF-O-MATIC 3 and Encryptomatic Signature
    Get them off Halomaps.com
    If you want to mod the old maps you will have to burn HAlo 2 to your HD by using DVD2XBOX or Just plain Copy and paste which will take longer

Right now I will be talking about the new maps

They are found in E; Tdata; you will have to find the right directory; it should have inside there $C and $U; go into $C and click on some directory

DUNE=RELIC
    DELTATAP=Sanctuary
    TRIPLECATE=TERMINAL

Ge that map onto your compy

Get the mod you want I preffer to get them at a4h.us <------Coolest Site ever :p

Open PPf-O-MAtic and click on the first table then go wherever you saved your map into then open it.

Second TAble open up your PPF patch in

Hit the Apply PPF patch and it should say something like Burn to CD image Now but forget that and translate it to SUCCESS!!!!!

The transfer the map back into your tdata; right HAlo 2 New maps directory and overwite it

LAst PARt= PLAY SOME H2!!!!!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2005
  2. Coltsnipe

Coltsnipe Guest

what do u mean by "game exploit"?

3. EvilModda

EvilModda Regular member

Game exploit= a game save with a linux installer and a dashboard inside it examples: UXE or KRAZIEYS

Last edited: Sep 30, 2005
  4. xyron

xyron Guest

hi there can you put up a tutorial of how to mod halo2 in detail, if you dont mind ofcource, %)

5. Coltsnipe

Coltsnipe Guest

so where do i get this installer either for KRAZIEYS or whatever else? i mean is this what i have to do just to get auto aim? i mean come on what the heck! i understood the first half then i lost track when u started talking about burning a Halo2 dvd and stuff. I'll probably just give this up cause this is way too much just for auto aim, by the time i get all this up i'll probably hate it! thanks for your info and time, but i'm giving up right now! u won't hear from me or on this forum again! u can have it! bye..................:(

6. EvilModda

EvilModda Regular member

Well first to get auto aim you must get a MOD softmod or chip there is a link in my tut on how to set up XBINS and in XBINS is the exploit......I thought you told me your 45.....Well guess what I am 12 and I got a softmod......Its not very hard....actaully and Average 5 year old can do it

7. Coltsnipe

Coltsnipe Guest

i'm not 45, gees! anyhoo, the exploit and all the other stuff is too tough to do. this'll take forever to get going with all the extras.

8. ironaries

ironaries Guest

hey hey ummm, evil modda, i kno all the shit and how to do it i got all the stuff, blah blah blah, all i want to kno is i need a cross over cable rite? so i can connect my xb to comp? then i gota bring the stuff over, thats wat throws me off, i mean how the fusk can i bring the files over....lol anyways continuing.--> and then i gota get the maps on my comp, so on so on, how do i get the maps up i PPF-O-Matic? and then to apply the patch just a little confused.

so to recap;
    1 gota save my maps into a folder on my computer
    2 then open ppf-o-matic
    3 open maps in ppf and then apply patch
    4 and then i gota save the maps into wat on my comp?

the tutorial is pretty confusing dude, u missed alot of shit so im not to sure on wat to do. but hey if u could explain it better on live, add me L IronAries L and it would be much easier to understand.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2005
  9. crazyflag

crazyflag Guest

10. FEAR187

FEAR187 Member

It says that halo 2 is 4502 MB and theres only 3366 MB of space...

11. EvilModda

EvilModda Regular member

If you figure it out genuis , that means you dont have enough space on your xbox.

Anyhoo

1: Get the crossover cable
    2: Get PPF-O-MATIC and FLASHFXP
    3: Get the mod you want off any site.....
    4: Open up FlashFXP and TURN XBOX ON TO THE MODDED DASHBOARD
    5: You should know the ip address of xbox(usually 192.168.X.X)
    6: OH BY THE WAY YOU NEED H2 ON THE HD IF YOU WANNA MOD THE OLD MAPS
    7: Anyways in FlashFXP you should already be in PAssword: xbox Username:xbox

8: Get the maps where ever you saved them with the game
    9: Drag and Drop the maps you want
    10: Open up PPF-O-MATIC then apply the patch
    11: IF IT IS AN OLD MAP GET ENCRYPTOMATIC SIGNATURE
    12: IF IT IS NEW GET CMR
    13: Sign the maps with ^ programs I listed
    14: Transfer the maps back and play

12. xXkNiGhTs

xXkNiGhTs Guest

guys its easy to connect to your xbox and putting the non moddedd maps on bassically all u need to do is get 2 copies of ur non modded maps and put them into 2 diffrent folders modded and non modded then on ur modded ones u need to aplly ur ppf through ppfomatic and through ISO file if u click on the little floppy and open woteva map u want den u get ur pff or modded version of the map and drag it into the patch and then apply and then through FlashFXP drag the modded maps into ur xbox!!! E folder TDATA ........64 $c 123 folders thats howw u get to ur maps on ur Harddrive

13. Modder2B

Modder2B Guest

Evilmodda. I know exactly what to do with mirc and xbins flashFXP thing. Now, what i have a problem with is, The (Krayzie_MA_UXE_Installer_Dutch-English_v2.8) file i got off of flashfxp thing wont fit on my memory card, should i go and buy a crossover cable, or should i find a different mechassault linux installer file?