1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to burn .srt files in nero?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by TonyDo, Oct 1, 2005.

1. TonyDo

TonyDo Member

I know it is possible to burn a dvd that consists of video files with .srt files, but it is a long process. So that is why i am asking can nero do it and how? I do not care about menues and making everything pretty, i just want the .srt files and video files to play in sync.

2. rubberbat

rubberbat Member

Unfortunately, I don't have the answer, I just want to know the same thing. It wouldn't even have to be with Nero, though that would be ideal.

3. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

A simple way would be to use DVDSanta, just paste and burn. Alternatively, you may encode with DVDSanta, then burn with e.g. Nero, 'cos DVDSanta is not very good at burning.

4. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

VSO DivxToDVD v1.99 Pre-Release will:

- Convert all your internet movies (.AVI / .MPG etc..) to DVD Format

- Add subtitles (using .srt files / More formats to come in future releases)

- Add chapters to each files

- Create a menu (Menu entry for each file, based on the filename, for now)

- Burn your DVD creation to media, with it's own built in burn engine

5. ozyank

ozyank Member

The original question, rephrased, was "with Nero, is it possible to convert .avi files to DVDs and compile in .srt subtitle files". The information about other products is interesting but it would be nice to get an answer to the original question. Has anyone done it successfully? How? I cannot find the answer in the Nero documentation nor have I been able to figure out how to do it.

6. TonyDo

TonyDo Member

I once downloaded this foreign movie, and in the folder it had a whole bunch of files, such as, .idx, .srt, ect. I just simply burned the movie with nero and the subtitles appeared. I checked to see if subs were hard-subbed into the video, and it wasnt. I know it is possible to do it, so any help with this topic is apreciated.

7. dcarrith

dcarrith Member

I know this isn't the answer, and it isn't even about burning dvds with subtitles. But, VLC media player plays .avi + .srt files very nicely. It appears to be all synchronized and everything.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Enjoy!

I'll post again if I ever figure out how to burn DVDs with subtitles using .avi and .srt files in Nero.

Cheers.