1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.BIN / .CUE / .ISO Frequently asked questions. READ1ST

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by cd-rw.org, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razor436

Razor436 Member

HI. I'm not sure how to burn the following onto CD. I have 3 files (for the same CD): a .img, .ccd, and a .cue. I am currently using Alcohol120 and it seems Alcohol can use either the .ccd and the .cue for burning on the cd but i dont know which one to use.

Oops! just noticed that i have a fourth file: a .sub but no program on my computer seems to open it :(

In case it matters, the .img = 573MB
    .ccd = 772bytes
    .cue = 77bytes
    .sub = 23.4MB

Last edited: Oct 16, 2004
  2. koutlaw

koutlaw Guest

[bold] Can anyone help me with this pc rom game i d/led?[/bold]
    I d/led YuGiOh.Power Of Chaos.Yugi.The.Destiny. from suprnova, and i saved it in my file. I extracted the RAR file. everything went good. i have alcohol 120% and burnt the .bin file. set image type Data Mode 1; checked the Raw box. i set the block size to 2352, header and trailer to 0. that was good. then i went to gamecopyworld.com and got a mirror for a no-cd crack. i got the archive and replaced the original YUGI_PC.EXE executable with the one i d/led. and the game works. [bold] But nows the problem!![/bold] i was all happy and playing the game, sound and graphic are excellent. but in like 5 minutes or so, the game just shuts off, by itself and returns to my desktop. Can anyone help me fix this problem?? im going insane trying to figure it out. Thank you

3. atom89

atom89 Member

hi everyone, I've got call of duty: united offensive

and it has 2 folders, "Cd1" and "Cd2", i've already extracted the files and i currently have a 700mb bin file and a 1 kb cue file

can anyone tell me how i can install this thing?

4. StrikerS

StrikerS Guest

Alright guys,

I burned the first CD easy dandy, but the second one only came with the bin file, and no .CUE file.

I tried making on in Notepad, but I'm not sure what to do! HELP!

5. kwoodard

kwoodard Member

How do I actually view the .bin files? I understand how to copy the files to a CD, but how do I "play" the files? If the file extension is .mpg, .wmf, etc. I know how to play the file, but not .bin.

Thanks!

6. anon_ymos

anon_ymos Member

hey...i read about how to burn the cd from bin/cue, its really helpful, thanks a bunch! but i've a minor problem...my .cue file actually has 2 tracks of mode2/2352! its like this:
    TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
    TRACK 02 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 01 00:06:56
    so...is it normal for it to be like this? or is something wrong...your help is very much appreciated!! and thanks again!

7. TigraoZT

TigraoZT Guest

8. shanx

shanx Member

hello im really new with this whole image thing, recently d'loaded a game it was in 3 - 700mb disks long all the disks hav bin and cue files, i want to be able to play the game but i dont know what to do from this place on. can some one please tell me what i can do

thanx every one

9. shanx

shanx Member

any way people ive found out wat to do now any thanx. i have found that using alcohol 120% is the best this is beacuse it reads all image formats + its got a easy user interface.

thanx people

10. shanx

shanx Member

If any one wants to know wat is in the bin file u can get an idea from the cue file just open it up using not pad or word pad there should be a mode thing if its says mode 2 this is prob a pc game or something simliar, if mode 2 this could be a film or something simlar. i used Alcohol 120% i burnt the file using this on to a disk, the program burnt it as the thing it should be a game.

11. black101

black101 Member

I have used undisker and alcohol 120 to extract bin + cue files but the trial date has run out, is there another similar progams out there that can do the same, preferably what undisker does

12. DJStyle

DJStyle Member

I have this pc game unreal tournament 2004 that I just downloaded recently. However, the files are in .bin and .cue and there are ( I think) 6 or 7 CD files that end in those formats. How can I burn them onto CD-Rs with Nero? And once I do burn them onto CD-Rs, how can I play the game on the computer? (Will I need to convert further or something?)

13. DJStyle

DJStyle Member

...Or is it possible to use IsoBuster to help me play the game? If yes, how?

14. shanx

shanx Member

firstly 'black101' i know that there are other products out there that can be used but ive not not bothered to look at them. i dont know wat undisker does but if u want to keep the alcohol 120% [REMOVED]

right 'DJStyle' yes i have had the game unreal tournament 2004 its good, it is a big game. the bin and cue files should be in order e.g 1234... this is because the game is so big the it is spilt into parts. all you have to do is to burn them in order so you dont get mixed up usinging nero or alchol 120% i use alchol 120%. to play the game u you will have to install each of the cd's, beacause you have downloaded the game this will mean that it will run off your hard drive not the disk however you may have to not have to use one of the disk to be able to play the game. you might [REMOVED]
    hope this helps
    for shanx

Last edited: Nov 14, 2004
  15. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@shanx

Have a look at the forum rules before posting again. Discussion of cracks is not permitted. Consider yourself warned.

16. Skyliner

Skyliner Member

I have a .bin and .cue file for a game, and i am prettyy sure they are right and they are in the same directory and the cue matches the massive (over 700mb) bin file. So far, I have extracted the bin file with winiso and all the components are in a directory. Now, when i play it says insert cd. ?!? (sorry moderator. i used a proper crack but the screen is blank, thats why im resorting to the image bin procedure. ) How do I solve this solution. I got the .bin and .cue files, and I tried making an image and burning them, but the image is to big. I realise the .cue is a set of instructions that burns the .bin. But when I go into nero express, go to make the image copy, select my .cue, my nero starts to blink. Can someone please tell me how to get this working, and the program i used to burn is nero express and I really dont want to use any other. The version is 5.5.9.9 it supports .cue files. Someone help please!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2004
  17. bcdemon

bcdemon Member

To burn a bin/cue image with Nero, open Nero Burning Rom, not Nero Express, then click FILE in Nero Burning Rom, then select BURN IMAGE, locate your cue file, and burn.

Nero made a change to its GUI for v6, the BURN IMAGE should be under the RECORDER tab.

PS, if your trying to play a game that has been altered in any way shape or form (ie. warez) from its original, then dont be surprised if it doesnt work.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2004
  18. aekizian

aekizian Member

Hello everybody i am new at the forum...i really like it a lot. I'm having problems with an ISO image and i want to know if anyone can help me...
    I have donwloaded a game for Playstation 2 (DVD game with a size of 3GB), it's an ISO image file...as i have read in the forum if i want to record it and play it i has to be done in mode 2/2352. This ISO is mode 1/2048 so i need to convert it (i have already burn it in mode 1/2048 and my PS2 wont read it). I hace the software CDMage but it looks like it only works with cd-size images as i can never open a big file. I have tried tons of programs to make the conversion but i cant make it work...so [bold]if anyone could please help me i would be very happy[/bold]

thank you very much...
    Ale

19. StefanHH

StefanHH Member

Hello,
    I used the tool "Burrrn" ( www.burrrn.net ) to create Audio Cds from lossless compression formats like .ape and .flac.( usually two of them per CD-r.) For only one of these compilations I get the following error each time I try to burn it with my PIONEER DVR-A07-XLA:
    "Initializing SPTI ... OK!
    SPTILOCK:2,0,0: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-107D Rev: 1.18
    WARNING: Length of toc (81:37:67, 367342 blocks) exceeds capacity of CD-R
    (79:57:74, 359849 blocks).
    WARNING: Ignored because of option '--overburn'.
    WARNING: Some drives may fail to record this toc.
    Starting write at speed 10...
    Turning BURN-Proof on
    Executing power calibration...
    Power calibration successful.
    ERROR: Drive does not accept any cue sheet variant - please report.
    ERROR: Writing failed."
    ( I dont think overburning is the problem here).

I cant understand this because: the drive accepts cuesheets in every other case. It even accepts each of these two cuesheets if burnt without the other. Furthermore, my other burner ( MSI CR52-M) burns this very compilation without probs.
    any ideas, anyone?-

thank you,

Stefan

20. aekizian

aekizian Member

hi everyone...lately using a new version of CDMage I could open a dvd iso (3gb) image.

I extracted the tracks to mode 2/2352 and the resulting .bin file is only 200mb...so i burnt it to a cd..then when i go to the cd properties it says "used 4,18GB"...

WHAT HAPPEND? WHY IS IT THAT THE .BIN FILE IS SO COMPRESSED?

if anyone knows...and would like to explain...i'd appreciate it

thanks
    Ale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.