1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bcgcbpro730.dll problem with Nero 7

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by LEXCERM, Oct 10, 2005.

1. LEXCERM

LEXCERM Member

Hi there,

Have just purchased Nero 7 Premium and have found my first bug after just 30 minutes of use.

Had initially used Burning Rom to burn a disc and this worked fine. I then navigated through the rest of the products and all seemed well. When attempting to access Burning Rom again, the splash screen appeared followed by a bcgcbpro730.dll error and the program bombed-out. I have un-installed and re-installed the software several times, but to no avail. I have read on another forum that the problem could lie with Nero Express. As soon as this is activated it makes changes to the registry in some shape or form. I have logged this with the Nero support team and I had a reply within 30 minutes. Okay, it was a standard "thanks for your e-mail" but hopefully they will get back to me soon.

BTW, InCD5 not InCD4 (as stated in the manual) comes with the software.

Has anyone else had this problem with Burning Rom?

Rgds,
    Paul.

2. ireland

ireland Active member

i did not have that problem with nero xpress,heres a temp fix for now.i seen this posted on the net...,

The only way fix this is go through the registry and remove everything to do with nero and then reinstall then don't use nero express.

after googling some it turns out this only happens with early leaked alpha versions.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2005
  3. LEXCERM

LEXCERM Member

Hi Ireland and thanks for replying.

Yes, that is an obvious answer, but when you spend good money on a good program, you expect all the facilities to be available and working correctly.

It's like buying a four door saloon car, but you can only use the front two doors (if you know what I'm saying).

Cheers,
    Paul.

4. -shinobi-

-shinobi- Member

The fix is this registry change....
    HKCU\Software\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\BCGWorkspace
    BCGControlBarVersion Permissions should all be set to Deny....

5. khalids

khalids Member

-shinobi-,

it worked very well the first time i did the regedit,
    then after I exit and load nero burning rom the same error came back again. any other thing i should do?
    thanks.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2005
  6. LEXCERM

LEXCERM Member

Have received the following reply from Nero Tech Support:-

[bold]Nero Burning ROM is unable to start properly under certain conditions.
    We were able to reproduce this problem in the meantime.
    The Nero 7 update will include the correction of this problem and will be available in the last week of October on our website www.nero.com.
    Unfortunately we cannot make a patch available in the meantime.[/bold]

Rgds,
    Paul.

7. adsjc

adsjc Member

[bold]khalids[/bold]
    Change -shinobi-'s Registry setting back to the way it was before. (without Deny set)
    Worked for me.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2005
  8. mikec101

mikec101 Guest

I had the same problem with Nero 7
    Make sure you kill the MDM (Windows Machine Debug Manager) process

Use something like Autoruns (http://www.sysinternals.com/utilities/autoruns.html) and make sure MDM is not listed as a logon entry

Everything should be OK once MDM is off...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2005
  9. Hadood

Hadood Guest

Have a Nero Patch for the bcgcbpro730.dll problem
    I have the file, how do I upload it to here?

10. mikec101

mikec101 Guest

I don't think you can upload files directly to afterdown. Put a link to the file where _you_ got it from.

11. Hadood

Hadood Guest

Sorry, not able to do that, came from a friend
    The Fix is an official one and should be on Nero site
    There is also a dl for Nero 7 Plugins
    It appears not everyone had the .dll problem with Burning ROM

12. erikhzzz

erikhzzz Member

I tried disabling the MDM service - didn't work. What *did* fix the problem was deleting the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\BCGWorkspace

This key seems to hold information about window coordinates and so forth. It gets re-made if it doesn't exist.

13. LEXCERM

LEXCERM Member

Found the solution on another website:-

- Right-click Nero Start Smart and select properties
    - Select Compatability tab
    - Select Windows 2000 as the mode and hit Apply.

Burning ROM now works.

14. mikec101

mikec101 Guest

Yes, thanks. Now it works for me too. The MDM solution only worked for a couple of days (?). Sorry erikzzz...

15. LEXCERM

LEXCERM Member

Okay, so I went to Nero's website and downloaded the Nero 7 update.

Two things:-
    1) I keep getting an error saying "InCD API could not be found"
    2) The version which was downloaded is described as Nero 7 Demo. Is this right??? I downloaded it using the HTTP link and not FTP.

Rgds,
    Paul.

16. mikec101

mikec101 Guest

Make sure you have DMA enabled for your burner and then
    try this: ww2.nero.com/nero6/enu/ASPI_Driver.html

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2005
  17. LEXCERM

LEXCERM Member

Hi Mike,

I removed Nero, then re-installed it again and it now works fine. I think what happened is that when I downlaoded the update the first time, I hadn't deleted the previous version. Maybe there was a corruption between the time I deleted the old version and then continued to download the update.

Also, I originally downloaded the update using the HTTP link rather than FTP so maybe this could have caused the problem.

The only puzzling thing is why it uses the terminology Nero 7 Demo, isntead of 'update'.

Thanks again,
    Paul.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2005
  18. DuckDude

DuckDude Member

Yall are great!

I had TERRIBLE experiences with Nero 6 after i updated XP to SR2... I had tried everything to fix it... i actually made a thread on this board about my issues a few months ago... I had an annoying "reset occurred" error when trying to burn dvd's or Cds. Even nero tech support couldn't fix it.

Anyway, so my last option (other than buy a new computer) was to shell out the $70 for a new version of nero. I proceeded to completely uninstall the old nero.. i deleted anything in the registry that was nero. I installed the new nero, and it burned cds fine.. then the program would start to give me the bcgcbpro730.dll error when i tried to open the program...

Because of this thread, now my bcgcbpro730.dll problem is solved, and i'm burning cd's and dvd's without any errors! Thanks!!!!!!

19. DJBrad187

DJBrad187 Member

I had to install and re- install Nero 7 and I hated it the program, I went back to Nero 6 I like that better. I kept getting errors and i could burn dvd's but not music.

20. MaxBurn

MaxBurn Regular member

DJBrad187
    A friend of mine had that exact same problem.
    he was using vers 6x and it turned out his ASPI layer was corrupted. Now he burns CDs like they are on fire. Nero infotool does a good check of the ASPI layers. Oh, and i don't get Nero Burning Rom in my Vers 6x. I am pretty sure it was there before. Right clicking on Start Smart and changing the compatibility settings to windows 2000 didn't help either, (i have XP) but maybe that is a fix for vers 7 only?
    [​IMG] I am doing fine without burning rom pulldown, but wouldn't mind using it, if i can just get nero to find it.