AfterDawn Forums

DVD2SVCD Guide Failed to create Bin/Cue, but gave MPEG-II file instead.

This discussion thread has 3 messages.

Using this Afterdawn DVD2SVCD Guide:

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd2svcd_guide.cfm

I chose the CVD option and ended up with a processed mpeg-II file, which is of perfect quality, but the guide said I should end up with bin & cue files which were not there...so I can't burn the image with Nero.

Now I don't know which way to burn a "CVD" with Nero....as an SVCD?

I'm also not sure if the bin/cue failed because I chose "no image" on the CD Image tab. Because this was a home DVD movie, and had no recognition at the IMDB database, I assumed this menu tab about "image" was all related to to giving a SVCD an opening screenshot .bmp image of an actual film, rather than an ISO/bin/cue type image.
▼▼ This topic has 2 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Well a BIN/CUE is a CD image.

Just make sure that Nero doesn't re-encode. Should be a box about compliance that you can tick/untick to avoid re-encoding.
Yeah, I did that with Nero...but for future reference...should I have kept all the image tab options checked to end up with the bin/cue files?
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.