1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7 crashing

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by manc123, Oct 19, 2005.

1. manc123

manc123 Member

I used nero 7 a couple of times with no probs but now when i try and load it up i get an error message saying nero needs to close.

Appname nero.exe AppVer 7.0.0.0 ModName bcgcbpro730.dll
    ModVer 7.30.0.0 Offset 0011d51b

And this will be included in the report

c:\docueme~1\peter\locals~1\temp\6505_appcomat.txt

Does any1 know what i can do? i tried navigating to

HKCU\Software\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\BCGWorkspace
    BCGControlBarVersion Permissions should all be set to Deny

but im not sure what to deny as when i selected all nero just hung when i selected a file to burn. any help would be most appreciated.

2. 12madatu

12madatu Member

dude look in this forun there is a forum labeled same as yours and i had the same problume and it helped me fix mine. download the registery and install it. it worked for me!!

3. Eck

Eck Member

If you open NeroExpress once, right now there's a bug where it changes that entry in the registry.

You don't need to fool with the registry to work around it. Choose what you want to use, Nero Burning Rom or NeroExpress, until they patch this on October 26.

If you want to fix Nero Burning Rom, open NeroExpress and click the little arrow on the left of the GUI so you get the Explorer panel. Choose options, then on one of the tabs there is a button to restore defaults. It pops up for confirmation then closes the program when you okay it.

You can then use Nero Burning Rom and so far for me it's working fine. Just remember that you've restored defaults so if you like to make changes just do them in Nero Burning Rom's preferences.

If you want to use Nero Express, just open it and use it. But then Nero Burning Rom won't open unless you restore defaults again.

4. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Uninstall Nero and reinstall. Then run a programme like registry mechanic. All should then be fine.

5. j0j081

j0j081 Member

the official version isn't even out yet is it?

6. Discmania

Discmania Active member

You are quite right. Then you should install Nero 6 and make sure you load the most recent updates. OEM versions are always fraught with problems.

7. Eck

Eck Member

Nero 7 Ultra Edition has been out for about a week now. I purchased my retail box of it from BestBuy.

There is no reason for anyone to uninstall and reinstall it. Neither will any registry cleaners help the bug specified in this thread.

The bug is that Nero Burning Rom will open and run fine until a user opens NeroExpress. From then on Nero Burning Rom will give an error when trying to open it.

The fix is as I described in this thread. If you want to use NeroExpress, just leave things as they are until the major update is released on October 26. If you want to use Nero Burning Rom, simply go to the options of Nero Express and find the tab that has a button labled restore defaults. Nero will ask for confirmation and inform you that it will close to apply the modification. Once it closes, you can open and use Nero Burning Rom.

Others have posted a registry fix that deletes the entry made by NeroExpress that breaks Nero Burning Rom's ability to open. Restoring defaults in NeroExpress has the same effect of fixing Nero Burning Rom's ability to open as using the registry key deletion fix.

I'd just rather make the change within the program instead of using the registry fix.