1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prices

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by Glitched, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Glitched

Glitched Guest

Does any1 know how much blu ray and hd burners are going to cost?

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

They cost about $1,000 in Japan (source: Sound and Vision Mag).

3. Glitched

Glitched Guest

is that 1000$ in US or Yen

4. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

Thats definitly $1000 USD or at least Canadian. If it was yen, that would be only a few USD.

5. Glitched

Glitched Guest

How much is the HD0DVD going to be

6. diabolos

diabolos Guest

1,000 US (dallors), not Yen. It cost the equivlent of $1,000 USD in Japan (however many Yen that is?)

Sorry for the confusion,
    Ced

7. Glitched

Glitched Guest

300000=1000USD
    wow i hope it gets cheaper, hey diabolos do you know how much HD-DVD burners going to cost

8. philipman

philipman Regular member

They will get cheaper as time goes on, just like dvd burners.

9. Glitched

Glitched Guest

The thing is ,I dont think anyones computer is ready to dl and burn 25gig files;),ya the will drop,like whne DVD-DL burners came out they were like 300 now i can get 1 for 80$

10. blue1

blue1 Guest

Does any1 know how much blu ray and hd burners are going to cost?

$1000 USD

11. marik1234

marik1234 Regular member

What are talking about? You can get a DVD DL burner for about $40 now, an excellent one too, i bought a liteon 2 weeks ago for $42 and it burns everything.

I just hope the prices drop a lot cause i REALLY want to burn BD-R's...23GB, damn, thats a lot, i can finally fit about 90 episodes of an anime on a disc and watch it, oh crap, then ill need to get a BD player, OH YEA, PS3, how could i forget, what a bargain......a $500 machine that would play BOTH video games AND all formats of blu-ray discs and DVD's, wow, PS3 is a bargain...

Note: I was being sarcastic and advertising PS3 on purpose, i already knew it was a bargain and this is why tons of people are gonna buy it. Microsh*t goes down the drain again.

12. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

Actually, Sony, just like microsoft, isnt incorparating and high capacity disc in their first gen systems. They may upgrade in the future, but for now its just DVD-11.

13. diabolos

diabolos Guest

14. Glitched

Glitched Guest

I think he ment DVD-11 is what xbox360 is going to use,never really heard much about DVD-11(i think 10.25gigs)

15. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

Hmm..I was informed that PS3 wouldnt use bluray in their first gen systems, but I guess that was old or false news. And yes, the DVD-11 format holds a little more than DVD-9

16. Glitched

Glitched Guest

b.t.w if sony starts using blu ray on games that are like 5gigs wouldnt it be supper expencive becasue blu ray dvds cost 30$

17. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Did anyone read this artical:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/6583.cfm

Sony has got the resources to push this new system. If you think that Sony will sale this console at a rediculios price and the games at a unresonable price, compared to the 360, then you are just wrong. The PS3 is cool but not $500 cool.

Everytime a company comes out with a new console they lose money. All that stat-of-the-art technology cost alot considering it has to last (preform to the best standards ofthe day) for a minimum of 5 years. Most of the time they don't break even for about 3-5 years after the console launches.

Ced

18. Glitched

Glitched Guest

Sonys smart acually, there systems lifspan may reach 8-15 years becasue of all the hightech crap in the consale....but i wouldnt wanna chip it becasue its to risky and the ps3 is costly

19. diabolos

diabolos Guest

I just had a thought...

The biggest advantage that Blue-Ray has over HD-DVD is that Blue-Ray will be used on a major video game platform. That fact alone will drive up demand for blue-ray discs so that BD manufacturers can start to give sony whole-sale deals. After that enough money should be left over to fund the R&D team so they can find ways to produce BDs cheaper.

High demand and cheaper maufacturing methods should even the playing field.

Ced

20. Glitched

Glitched Guest

,So Sony makes BD rite, so the games will be cheaper,How much is sony going to charge for a game??