1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IP hiding

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Phantom69, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

i am sure this has been done before, but i would like to start again for freshness sake and for up to date information...

i would like to know (and for the help of others) how to hide my IP address, preferably a [bold]FREE[/bold] alternative for those who cant afford to pay for services...

PS: also preferably programs so as not to have to provide personal details to web servers..

thanx in advance...

2. Ppower

Ppower Regular member

3. RavenLife

RavenLife Regular member

does this effect certain torrent sites

that use your ip
    as confirmation of user

eg TL, BS

4. travalon

travalon Regular member

I use peerguardian. It has a few features like over 126000000 IP's it shoots out to confuse the compitition. Also lets you know how many inquires are blocked as well as who's out there looking for you.

5. RavenLife

RavenLife Regular member

i got peer guardian

6. gear79

gear79 Guest

7. svar91

svar91 Regular member

8. Jamzbond

Jamzbond Regular member

I've used a trial version of ghostsurf platinnum from www.tenebril.com. It works well but it costs $49.95. Maybe I should try one of these free alternatives. It's sort of coincidental that Svar91 has the last post before mine because it was because of him that I started using this software. He had a signature from www.danasoft.com which showed anyone who views his post, their IP address, their ISP, PC info & the browser they were using. I actually read a thread where one person got a little bent out of shape about it and Svar91 had to explain to him that he couldn't see his info, that it was only a signature. Since we're on this subject you can probably check it out(www.danasoft.com ). Now if you want to have fun then surf this site anonymously using whatever software you prefer. Another site that you can use to test your anonymous surfing software is www.showmyipaddress.com.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2005
  9. RavenLife

RavenLife Regular member

mine comes up as energis?????????

guess its working then

cos i never heard of energis

10. Jamzbond

Jamzbond Regular member

I tried peer guardian and it doesn't seem to be working for me so I did a google search and I found two servers that offer free service. They are:
    (1) www.the-cloak.com
    (2) www.thefreecountry.com/security/anonymous.shtml

I just tried the one suggested by Ppower and it is working well so far. Thanks a lot for the suggestion. It hides my IP address and my ISP but still reveals my OS and my browser info. (OK back to tweaking). Ghostsurf hides all of this and even adds antispyware and other niffty features but its all costs 49.95 buckaroos.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2005
  11. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

thank you all for your replies and continue to post, the only thing that i am afraid of using proxies which is will still use anyway is that as it was stated somewhere that if the maintaner of these proxies were to turn [bold]evil[/bold] they can find out a lot about your computer and do stuff..

but i am not as worried for the sake of annonymity plus the people that maintain the sites swear anonymity so... whatever...

Peer Guardian is not so much for anonymity but for the sake of protection against dangerous IP's

i have to use actual proxies i guess cause i use Mozilla (not firefox cause its faster)

i have a whole list of proxies that i will post in a little while once i dig them out of my computer probably tommorow...

thanx

12. svar91

svar91 Regular member

jamzbond r u gamerpro?