AfterDawn Forums

Burning with folder2ISO and DVD decryter, finished disk does work.

This discussion thread has 5 messages.

hiya!

firstly i do apologise if i have posted this in the wrong place or are asking something already covered. i have spent an hour searching the forums but there are too many threads and i couldn't find what i needed.

I followed the guide on folder2ISO and dvd decryter (which was fab by the way, thankyou very much!!). I convered my vob files and associated files folder using the folderISO, no problems. i then followed the guide to burn using dvd decryter, again no apparent problems, FANTASTIC i was thinking! but... then the finished dvd disk won't play in a dvd player.... have i missed out a step or something or misunderstood the purpose of burning the ISO folder? shouldn't it work as a normal movie dvd?

thanks in advance for any help and advice

Emma x

edit
sorry i just realised i named the thread incorrectly, the disc DOESN'T work
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 03 Nov 2005 @ 8:38
▼▼ This topic has 4 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
calhounm Suspended due non-functional email address
will this disc play in your computer also what brand of media did you use.

Duck tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side and it holds the world together.
What format of disc did you burn it to, by that I mean was it DVD-R or DVD+R?

What is the brand name and model # of your DVD player?

What is the brand name of the disc you burnt to?

hiya

i think the disc i used was DVD+R, but i have used both formats before in the dvd burner and my dvd player with no problems.

calhounm: when i put the disc in my computer (in both my dvd writer drive and cd writer/dvd player), it doesn't automatically open like a normal dvd movie would. windows opens the folder like a normal data disc, which is why i think i have missed a step out of something. it has basically burnt the iso folder like it is on my computer, and not put it together like a movie.

temj: the dvd player i am trying to use is a toshiba tv-dvd combi model number vtd1432 and the disc's i have been using are verbatim. i have no problems playing +r or -r disc's in the tv dvd combi if its a movie i have just done an exact copy of, so im guessing i haven't coverted it correctly.

completely unrelated question: i am in the process of buying some new discs, but need to go for a cheaper option than verbatim, think im going to stick to DVD-R, have you guys had an experiance with the bulkpaq brand?they seem cheap on ebay.

thanks to both of you for trying to help me, i look forward to if you can shed anymore light on the situation. the file/folder i started with was VOB and its associated files, which is why i followed the advice in the guide here to use folder2iso and DVD Decrypter. is there another program that will accept VOB format?

thanks again
Emma
I couldn't find any detailed specs on that TV/DVD player combo. But, you say you have successfully played - and + disc's.

DVD+R disc's are more compatible, as they have the ability to be Booktyped to DVD-ROM.

This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.