1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Couple of small improvements to forum engine

Discussion in 'Forum announcements' started by dRD, Nov 4, 2005.

1. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

I finished couple of minor improvements to the forum engine today. Here they are:

1) Now the person who originally started a thread, can edit the thread's title afterwards. The button to do this is visible (only when logged in, obviously) at the bottom of the page, just before the page numbers.

2) Now in private messages, in addition of the user's nick, also the user's forum status (newbie, member, etc) is shown as well.

3) The feature introduced originally in summer 2005, is now back. If you go and change your signature via "My Account" settings, the changes will change the signature of all your posts, no matter how old. Obviously this applies only if you've ticked the box "use sig with this msg" when posting the message.

2. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Didn't notice them till a minute ago. Keep up the good work dRD.

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

cool, thanks, the thread title change will be handy, thanks. will have to submit some threads now then :)

4. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Thanks :) I was wondering why it had the "edit thread title" down the bottom, i thought it was because someone wanted me to change the name :)

This will be very helpful :)
    Keep up the good work

5. Doggy_Bot

Doggy_Bot Guest

Cool! XD

6. Glitched

Glitched Guest

This is major improvments,good wrk dRD:)

7. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Regular member

Thats Great Keep up The good Work Man

8. MaxBurn

MaxBurn Regular member

All very good improvements. Like creaky said, i guess i am going to have to start a thread to see that edit thread message. 99.9% of my posts are responses to others threads. I think i only started a couple of threads. I know a mod or two has gotten some weird PM replies as the person being PM'ed by a mod, didn't know they were a mod, and responeded as if being attacked by a newbie. Saw that in one thread a while ago. I should have checked my old posts, as i could see how my system changed from the older thread sig lines, but the update all post sig lines is better/more accurate. Keep up the good work dRD. This is a great site and just keeps getting better.

9. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

I just noticed the Edit Thread Title button (only 22 days late:), very very good introduction something that was needed, keep up the good work :D

10. hicksworl

hicksworl Guest

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2006
  11. rav009

rav009 Active member

EDIT:Double post, sorry guys.

Last edited: May 31, 2006
  12. rav009

rav009 Active member

Last edited: Jun 1, 2006