1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Java App Loader" not available on my RAZR V3 (cingular).

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by haupia, Nov 4, 2005.

1. haupia

haupia Member

I have RAZR V3 (black) cell phone from Cingular. Wanting to download java games on my cell with a USB cable. I have "Mobile PhoneTools 3.40" and "MIDway" programs installed with the necessary P2K driver. I have successfully downloaded/uploaded ringtones, pictures, and video from my RAZR to/from my PC with use of a USB cable using "Mobile PhoneTools". However, when attempting the "MIDway" program to download java games to my cell, there is no "Java App Loader" option in the Menu->Settings->Java Settings menu on my RAZR V3 phone.

Did cingular remove the "Java App Loader" option from the RAZR V3?

Has anyone else had trouble downloading games to a RAZR V3 from Cingular?

2. Eskimonio

Eskimonio Regular member

Here's where it gets tricky. Java apploader is under the java settings on the phone, but I most phones don't have it enabled.

You'll need to edit a 'seem' in your phone and change one of the bytes from 0 to 1 to enable that menu setting.

you'll use P2k man to edit the seem and a great guide to how to do it will be found here:

http://www.motox.us/motox101/seem_editing.htm

the seem you need to edit is

0032_0001 > offset 43 > bit 0 which must be checked in order for the java app loader to be anabled in settings > java settings >java app loader.

It's really a very simple process to do, in P2kman, you basically connect your phone as per normal. Download seem 0032_0001 to your computer...save it as a backup in case something goes wrong.

Then you open the seem in XVI32...then go down to the offset 43, click on tools > bit manipulation and make sure the box with a 0 next to it is checked. You save the edited seem again as 0032_0001 and re-upload it to yer phone.

Not complicated but use MOTOX's guide above as your steps, not my abbreviated version!!

You can crash your phone if you screw up the seem edit. (again which is why we backed it up first.)

Read...don't be in a rush, and give it a shot.

3. haupia

haupia Member

Thanks a bunch Eskimonio, there was no problems, & the "Java Apps Loader" appears on menu.

Thanks again

4. Eskimonio

Eskimonio Regular member

Glad to be of service...congrats!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
  5. jatsmitty

jatsmitty Member

Will these tools work with my v188 and v551, or is the seem different? Also, Do I have to connect using a cable on my v551 or can I use a bluetooth connection?

Thanks
    Smitty

6. Eskimonio

Eskimonio Regular member

I've never worked on a 551 or 188.

Editing seems cannot be done via MPT, so you'll need a cable.

As far as the seems themselves, I don't know if they would be the same, and therefore would discourage you from poking around without 100% certainty.

howardforums.com might have more info for ya.

7. jatsmitty

jatsmitty Member

I will check it out.

Thanks !!

8. adidaniel

adidaniel Member

Hei.

I made all settings. I see the phone. I upload the game files but the game is not on the application list on phone!!!!
    ????

Whats wrong

9. flarp

flarp Member

Eskimonio: Is that offset 43 dec or 43 hex?

10. ry4nolson

ry4nolson Member

if you use p2ktools, there is no need for seem editing. the java app loader is simply a checkbox on the other features section. but also if you use p2ktools there is no need for the java app loader since it lets you install java games with KJava.

http://p2ktools.motofan.ru/

here it is

i know this works because i have a black razr with cingular also

Last edited: Nov 29, 2005
  11. Eskimonio

Eskimonio Regular member

@Flarp: 43 hex, although since I'm not a programmer, click the link I posted earlier in this thread and it has pictures for you to follow so you can double check me.

Ry4 is correct in his pk2Tools assessment...I posted another thread on this a week ago regarding use of P2KTools if you're having probs with Java Apploader.

Matter of fact, I solely use P2KTools now to load my games, seems a much easier route, as you completely bypass the apploader step.

It's a still good idea to have that Java Apploader seem edit enabled however, as many claim P2KTools as a bit buggy, and I have had one or two failed installs of games via P2KT which were successful via Midway. (and vice versa)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2005
  12. ry4nolson

ry4nolson Member

yes p2ktools is a bit buggy but its a lot easier to use the KJava feature and its alot easier than messing with hex editing seems

13. Eskimonio

Eskimonio Regular member

...word

14. max777

max777 Member

So there's no way to do any of this without a USB adapter? I guess I need to purchase that...

15. ry4nolson

ry4nolson Member

its just a regular mini-usb digital camera cable (for the razrs)

16. max777

max777 Member

Thanks for the info.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's the 5 pin mini B is the one that fits RAZR. $2 here. Some other nice adapters / cables here.

http://store.yahoo.com/buyextras/usb20himab5m.html

Edit: California based, good yahoo store ratings, and they don't kill you on shipping. Not sure if they do international.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2005
  17. freddyvw

freddyvw Member

I'm glad to have finaly found something about getting the java app.loader visible on my razr v3
    It seems very simple but still there's one thing I don't understand
    What do you mean by "go down to the offset 43"
    Maybe when I try It's all very clear but since it's quiet a new phone I'll only try when It's completely clear to me

18. mboeru

mboeru Member

Pls help me
    I downloaded P2K but when i start it .. it will not load my phone
    what do u think is happening

19. scamp2032

scamp2032 Member

I think you're right about p2ktools being a bit buggy. I have the newest version and can not get a any games to run on my V3.

I can install and run games using Midway, but would rather use p2ktools because it should be easier. Using p2ktools, I can get the game onto the phone with ease. The game even shows up in the game menu. When I go to run the game the phone just freezes up. I can remove the game using p2ktools with no problem. Too bad, because I really do like the interface of p2ktools.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm sure I'm doing it right, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

20. ry4nolson

ry4nolson Member

you sure its not just a bad game? what game is it?