1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD REBUILDER - "HCEnc" - how to get this?

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by zhelpz, Nov 7, 2005.

1. zhelpz

zhelpz Guest

I have been doing research on DVD REBUILDER because I keep hearing alot about it and how it is slow BUT [bold]encodes very well[/bold].

Obviously I want to try it out. Now I have read the guide and many posts and done a query for the "HCEnc" particularly.

Nothing ever comes up about the HCEnc - but people keep saying you can use this with Rebuilder for free. Well where do you get the HCEnc?

Is it already installed with Rebuilder because all I see is CCE, REJIG and QuEnc. I do see a GRAYED OUT AREA for it - which tells me it obviously is not installed. I would like to Download the HCEnc and install it to use with Rebuilder.

[bold]Can someone please tell me where to find HCEnc free so I can give it a try.[/bold]

2. Weycraze

Weycraze Regular member

Well, if I read you post correctly, and I typed this on Google:

"HCenc":

I'd a found this:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=HC

Good luck M8;

However, IF, I'm gonna let my PC labor for those 8 hrs overnight with DVD-RB, I'd be using CCE friend, IT IS THE BEST ENCODING ENGINE ON THIS PLANET.

Cheers,

Weycraze

3. zhelpz

zhelpz Guest

It takes 8 hours - really?

Thanx for the reply - Im going to check out the link you provided.

4. UncasMS_3

UncasMS_3 Regular member

hc enc comes with the installerversion of rebuilder

you can easily use hc enc just as well as cce or procoder

5. gamename

gamename Regular member

cce and hc are both pretty slow, and the quality is good on both. heres my answer go to officemax and pick up a few packs of dl verbs for 2$ each.

6. UncasMS_3

UncasMS_3 Regular member

that of course is complete nonsens

comparing encoders cce is the fastest and hc is second

7. arniebear

arniebear Active member

It takes me between 70 to 80 minutes to Prep,Encode and Rebuild using CCE, it is about 30 minutes longer for HCEnc, but that one is free where CCE is not. The quality is excellent from both and the end product is worth the wait.

8. zhelpz

zhelpz Guest

UnCas

[bold]The HC was GRAYED OUT in mine.[/bold] Is this not grayed out for the rest of you? The cce rejig and QuEnc were not. So either something is wrong w/ my installation or it just didnt come with it.

I DL'ed it from the Afterdawn site - AND from the other site and its still grayed out.

[bold]Anyone have any thoughts on that?[/bold]

Arniebear - if its just 30 more minutes - for free thats not so bad - especially since its all the rave. I really want to try it.

9. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Go to the RB site and get the 0.96 free ver. with the Rockas installer this should install it and set it up with no problem.

http://dvd-rb.dvd2go.org/

10. zhelpz

zhelpz Guest

Arniebear

I am going to try that again and see if it changes ... Thanx ...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2005
  11. zhelpz

zhelpz Guest

Ok, Arniebear

I did not notice this before ... I did re DL it and Re-install it.

Under MODE ... "hc encoder mode" is still grayed out , but under the OPTIONS tab - it is "on" and check-marked as normal. Is this the way it is supposed to look when you open the program?

12. arniebear

arniebear Active member

It should be checkmarked in mode and there should be no checkmark in options. At least that is how my Pro ver. looks.

[​IMG]

13. zhelpz

zhelpz Guest

Mine does not look like that at all. Do I "copy & paste desktop" to show you (the way you showed me yours)?

14. UncasMS_3

UncasMS_3 Regular member

dont worry if the SKIN looks different in arniebear's picture

he is using my AQUAskin but that has nothing to do with the content

or are you saying that the menu-content is different?

concerning the content: arniebear is using the PRO version which has different features than a freeware 096 version

Last edited: Nov 9, 2005
  15. zhelpz

zhelpz Guest

UnCas & Arniebear ...

Ok that must be the problem.

When I look at Arniebears last post - his say version 1.00 - I am running a free version so I can test the program out. The version I am running is 096.

Maybe I have to have the 1.00 version for my HC encoder to be greyed out ... I wish I could show you .... hold on ...

16. zhelpz

zhelpz Guest

Ok guys,

This is exactly what I am seeing .....

[​IMG]

AND THIS ALSO ....

[​IMG]

Now that you see exactly what I see ... am I on the right track? Is this suppossed to look like this in the free version? OR is something not installing properly ...

AND ... ALSO - I did go to that site at first - when WEYCRAZE gave me the link and with all of the advice given from all of you - I am at this spot here (see above pix)
    ------------------------

[bold]I have EDITED this post above - forgot I could use a diff program to crop out the extras. Hopefully this looks much better UnCas[/bold] I did not expect it too come out so small - well hopefully it can be read...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2005
  17. UncasMS_3

UncasMS_3 Regular member

almost

1. the freeware version 096 DOES support hc not only the pro version

2. please post a screenshot of the SETUP!

(and please make a screenshot only of the ACTIVE window by pressing ATL+PRINTSCREEN)

18. zhelpz

zhelpz Guest

Uncas -

Ok ... Do you mean

Options ---> Setup?

If so I will do that, if you mean something different, let me know and I will come back and edit the post ....

PS - sorry about the full "printscreen" - Every time I tried to PrintScreen with ALT+Printscreen button, the pointer (my mouse pointer) would unclick off what I was trying to show you and it would not show The setting under Mode and Options. ...

Let me get the new screenshot you request .....

19. zhelpz

zhelpz Guest

I hope this is what you are asking for ...

[​IMG]

20. UncasMS_3

UncasMS_3 Regular member

this is exactly what i was driving at and what we see here does not look good at all!

as you can see NONE of the important paths are filled in

i have no idea where you might have gotten your version of this freeware rebuilder version from but it must be complete crap

please download the INSTALLERversion of rb 096 which can be obtained here in the official thread:
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=75452

use the version linked there and delete the crap-version you must have gotten before!

the installerversion will correctly setup all necessary files (hc among them) and will not leave users like you wondering why certain things are not working

unintall your current version, install the version with the rockas installer and let us know what difference you will find!