1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FFDSHOW - A better DivX decoder?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by cd-rw.org, Apr 21, 2002.

1. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

http://cutka.szm.sk/xvid/xvid.html

I would like to hear your comments on this DivX / XviD decoder filter. I am certainly impressed in it's performance.

Note: Seems to crash ZoomPlayer, but WMP runs ok.

2. tom942

tom942 Member

Hello,

I have tested with my old PII 233 with a TNT card and all that I can say, it's that works :). At last I can see movies on my old computer. I have tested several players not deeply, but the one that works fine for me is bsplayer. I grabbed a copy from its site and it works. My system is like I said before, a PII 233, Creative Labs TNT 16 mbytes, 320 mbytes of ram and win2k pro.

See you :).

3. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Confirmed - BSPlayer works nicely with FFDSHOW.

I would like to hear more opinions about the quality, since I haven't done that much DivX encoding or comparing. To me it SEEMS that the post-processing doesn't blur the details as badly as the original DivX.

4. Ketola

Ketola Turned ninja Staff Member

Quick experiments with a low-bitrate DivX show a clear advantage in using the fddshow's automatic quality control. Less blockiness, especially on high frequency (ie. sharp contrast) edges. Also the CPU consumption seems to be considerably lower when using fddshow.

Definitely worth using!