1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7 - Problem with Internet Explorer 7?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Rogerdgf, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Rogerdgf

Rogerdgf Member

Having used Nero 6 for a long time, I was anxious to try Nero 7 Premium as soon as possible. I first uninstalled Nero 6, and used ALL the Nero clean tools! However, when I installed Nero 7, I discovered that InCD would not load. I constantly received the error message 'The InCD API could not be loaded'. Previous to this installation, I had installed the beta version of Internet Explorer 7, which I like, and which had not previously caused any problems.

In an attempt to sort out the problem, I restored a previous image of my operating system (XP SP2). This image also restored the original Internet Explorer 6. This time, when I installed Nero 7, InCD loaded OK, but I subsequently found that Internet Explorer 6 would not load certain web pages. It froze with the page half loaded. I then reinstalled IE7, and back came the old problem with InCD - the API could not be loaded.

I did a search on the internet, and I did find one comment that Nero 7 had corrupted Internet Explorer. As an experiment, I uninstalled just the InCD component of Nero 7, and installed the old InCD from Nero 6. No improvement. So I then restored the previous disc image, did a fresh instal of Nero 7 MINUS InCD, and then added Nero 6 InCD. Success! Now everything seems to work, even with IE7 installed. But why should there be any conflict between InCD and Internet Explorer? Has anyone else had similar problems?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2005
  2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

InCD has been known to have conflict with quite a few softwares. That's why people have been suggesting uninstalling it altogether.

3. Rogerdgf

Rogerdgf Member

In fact, I have now discovered that the problem is not with Internet Explorer 7 itself, but with the MSN Search Toolbar running in IE7. If the Toolbar is uninstalled, the Nero 7 InCD instals without problem. I have also noted that the combination of IE7 and the MSN Toolbar causes the loss of various icons from the System Tray. Strangely other toolbars do not seem to cause any problems; only MSN's own!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2005
  4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

So long as problem solved.

5. Rogerdgf

Rogerdgf Member

Unfortunately, it isn't. Removing the MSN toolbar solved the problem of the disappearing system tray icons, but after cold booting the computer back came the message 'the InCD API could not be loaded, so now I don't know what is causing the conflict. I never had any problems with InCD when running Nero 6.

6. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Oh oh ~~~.

You gotta think do you really need InCD, or IE for that matter.

Me? I don't have InCD, using Maxthon, and waiting out to see how Nero 7 goes.

7. Rogerdgf

Rogerdgf Member

InCD has always been the part of the Nero suite I use most!

Following the last failure, I uninstalled Nero 7, whereupon I found that Microsoft Office had been corrupted. Outlook would not open Word as its e-mail editor, reporting an Ole registration error.

I thereupon ran a disc image to restore my system to the point before I installed Nero 7. I repeated all the changes I had made since, but instead of re-installing Nero 7, I installed Roxio 8 (shock, horror!) So far, there have been no problems with Drag To Disc (Roxio's equivalent to InCD), and no damage to Office either. Hmmmm!

8. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Well, so long as it works. But you may like to know that people have reported conflict between Roxio and Nero too!

*_*

9. Rogerdgf

Rogerdgf Member

I don't intend to use Roxio AND Nero - it's a question of which. At the moment, Roxio seems have the advantage. Drag To Disc even writes to CDs formatted using InCD. I did not expect that!

10. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Everything is fine then. But if you install some new softwares later to find that you're in trouble again, note that Roxio and/or InCD could be the causes.

Bye for now!

11. KharKir

KharKir Member

To fix this problem "incd api fail to load" get rid of "Nero Scout" do the following:

- Click on the Start button and choose Run. Type the following line exactly as it appears:

regsvr32 /u "%COMMONPROGRAMFILES%\Ahead\Lib\MediaLibraryNSE.dll"

Then click OK and reboot your PC.