1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't open d2v in tmpgenc plus

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by linybob, Nov 12, 2005.

1. linybob

linybob Guest

I have the lastest version of Tmpgenc plus and have used DGIndex to create a d2v and ac3 file. I have no option in TmpGenc Plus to open my d2v file. Searching on the net tells me to install dvd2avi.vfp in the Tmpgencv directory. That seems to be the most common solution. But this file is not in the dgmgdec zip file and it is not on my disk anywhere.

What can I do? Thanks!

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

OK...If you are useing DGindex then you must copy the DGVfapi.vfp file from the DGIndex folder into the Tmpgenc Install Directory....

You should also go to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and make sure the "DGVfapi.vfp" is Listed there and enabled....

Now Tmpgenc should be able to open the D2V file.....

Cheers

PS: also when Makeing the d2V file if you are makeing a D2V File from a NTSC DVD you should have the "Video" to "field Operations" to "Forced Film" option enabled because if you don"t you will have Interlace problems and when encodeing the d2v file you should make sure that you are encodeing it at 23.976fps with 3:2 Pulldown....

3. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

There is no reason why it should need to be copied to TMPGEnc's directory.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Sure there is...You generally don"t have to do anything but If the DGVFAPI.vfp File has not been registered with VFAPI and doesn"t show up in the "VFAPI Plugins" then the easiest way to get it to Show up in the VFAPI Plugins is to Copy it in the Tmpgenc Install Directory.....

It works this way with the M2V.vfp ,DVD2AVI, QT Mov Plugin, ect, Unless they changed something since i worked for Tech support at Pegasys?.....

5. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Being registered with VFAPI is all that should be required. How would you explain the fact that DGIndex's plugin shows up and works with TMPGEnc here when the plugin isn't in TMPGEnc's dir?

Although from your post it sounds like you mean that if it doesn't work, copying it might fix the problem. That still doesn't null my statement that you shouldn't need to copy the file. A car's sunroof shouldn't need tape around the edge, but if it is broken and leaking, then the tape might help. Doesn't mean that all sunroofs should have tape on them.

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

I understand What you are Saying and you are Right you shouldn"t have to Put the VFAPI Plugin in the Tmpgenc Directory but if the plugin will Not register with VFAPI then a viable Solution to get it to be registered with VFAPI is to Copy it into the Install directory....

Cheers