1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD XCopy Activation Information

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by bogart7, Nov 17, 2005.

1. bogart7

bogart7 Member

i bought the dvd x copy software 2 yrs ago when i purchased my computer. i had system problems and had to do a full restore. i never tried to reinstall dvd x copy until now. when i try to register the service online i get an error mssg. i have my license id and password. any advice?

2. svar91

svar91 Regular member

Go here for [bold]re-activating[/bold] your account again:http://www.dvdxcopy-international.ca/support.html

[bold]FOR UPDATING YOUR SOFTWARE GO HERE: http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/148746[/bold]

If you have more problems go here:http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/

the mods there will be glad to help.
    :]

[bold]if you have version 4.0.3.8 of dvdxcopy we are sorry but that is the last version.You will have to buy the newest version v5.0.0.13 and you can get it here:http://www.dvdxcopy-international.ca/v5.html[/bold]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Nov 26, 2005
  3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Title changed and stickied :)

4. ace_102

ace_102 Guest

if you email me at this email

No email addresses or cracks

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2006
  5. ireland

ireland Active member

he keeps coming back,
    i have banned this guy at the afterdawn/dvdxcopy site at least twice

6. clduncan

clduncan Guest

I would not put DVD X COPY back on your computer if I were you. There are lots of better software available for free that work faster, smoother and backup more of the newer movies. I would recommend going to www.slysoft.com and getting AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. You get 21 days to try it out. Good luck.

7. svar91

svar91 Regular member

[bold]Irelands Words of Wisdom[/bold]

8. shoutz2u

shoutz2u Member

someone MUST know how to hack DVD Xcopy, since SO MANY OF US shelled out GOOD MONEY for it! It can't be THAT difficult to fake out the redirection, since we are LEGALLY LICENSED USERS!

Thanks.
    E.

9. gamillah

gamillah Member

Why??? i have tried anydvd and i didn't get the results i wanted.. i have clonedvd2 haven't installed it yet. Is dvdxcopy platinum no good or something? Is it outdated? I am sooo confused!!!! So many products so little time!

10. pounder

pounder Member

Thank you for the info, and yes agree dvd neXt copy wipes out older versions of dvd xcopy, and is also great for dual layer, and thats all
    i'm trying to get some coin for as I have 2 single layer burners.

11. mlmsm

mlmsm Member

I too have a legal copy of X Copy DVD Platinum which I purchased legally well before the court's decision but not in time to hook up with tech support. At the time I had read a news article that a judge was about to "outlaw" the software as it was then marketed. I purchased my copy but I couldn't get it activated in time. So here it sits and periodically wander through the AfterDawn posts and I test the waters to see if anyone can help me initialize/open/cause to function as marketed/register my software. I am so die-hard about this but someday it may pay off. I know about the several alternative SW packages out there too.
    Why can't I be grandfathered in? If the other products are so dandy then why worry about what I will do with my personal copy of X Copy DVD Platinum?
    Any helpers or assistance out there? Foreign or domestic?

12. clduncan

clduncan Guest

I can help you but I would advise you NOT to install DVD X Copy onto your computer. It is not the best software available and it will not backup most of the newer DVDs.

Please try AnyDVD and DVDClone. This software is easier to use and you can try it free for 3 weeks. If you like it, pay about $50 for the two and that will get you frequent updates so that your software is never obsolete.

You can get the software at www.slysoft.com.

13. ireland

ireland Active member

I had platinum v4038 installed,removed it and installed platinum v40415rf using it with anydvd it can copy any movie out there as long as as ye update anydvd as needed..also i have platinum v50013rf..
    rf means ripper free..

14. mlmsm

mlmsm Member

I know there are other products out there.
    I own this one and I want to activate this copy of this product. I spoke with tech support once before they were closed down, didn't anyone hold a record of the legally qualified registered users?
    Thank you for your assistance, clduncan, I want to use this copy I have now.

15. clduncan

clduncan Guest

Good luck getting it to work. I hope you can use it. If you do get it to work please let me know how it performs. I understand you wanting to get what you paid for.

My issue was why use something that is inferior. I used DVD X Copy for over a year and while it wasn't bad...it wasn't good either. I constantly had bad burns. I threw away 1 out of every 6 DVDs due to the software. It took over an hour to backup movies and it limited me to what movies I could back up. Now I backup movies in about 20 minutes total and I can not remember the last time I had a bad burn.

Have you looked into using DVD Shrink? It is free at afterdawn.com and it works great. You must have at least a demo version of Nero(also free) on your PC. DVD Shrink was the software that I replaced DVD X COPY with. I later moved onto ANYDVD / CLONEDVD2.

If you want any help getting started with DVD Shrink then there are LOTS!! of forums on Afterdawn that will help you.

Again good luck and let me know if you have any success with the DVD X Copy.

16. orion250

orion250 Regular member

I have used DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter and both programs work excellent. I also have been using DvdXcopy gold and DvdXcopy Xpress and both work very well! DvdXcopy works very well for dvd's that require 2 blank single layer discs to backup a single movie. I rarely come across a movie (new release or older movie)that it cannot duplicate. Usually if you encounter an error during a burn, I've noticed it's due to a defective disc. When using DvdXcopy (or any of it's other products), make sure you DISABLE any antispyware and antivirus software that may be running in the background. Disable any other software that may be running in the background as well, especially during the burn process! Do NOT use your computer for any other purpose while the burn is in progress! If you use the computer for other purposes or have programs running in the background during the burn process, you are almost guaranteed an unsuccessful burn.
    I have tried to copy a couple of new releases with DvdXcopy, DvdShrink and Dvd Decrypter with no success. My problem with DvdXcopy is I purchased it about 3 years ago from CompUSA and had a problem with Windows 98SE about 2 years ago and had to keep reformatting my hard drive. After reinstalling all my software including DvdXcopy several times, and having it reactivated several times online, I replaced the computer with a new one with Windows XP and installed DvdXcopy and got it activated online. I recently installed it on my laptop and went to activate it online and a message came back saying I have reached the limit of 7 activations. How does one get a new set of activations if you no longer have the original receipt or know the date when the original install and activation took place?
    I do have the original disc and the original box that it came in along with the original user ID and password. Is there any way that you know of to get a new set of activations with the info that I have provided? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

17. ireland

ireland Active member

mlmsm

USE THIS TO SUMMIT A TICKET TO HAVE THEM TO RESET YOUR ACTIVATIONS
    YOU MUST SUMMIT YOUR Email, (the e-mail you used when you registered)Customer ID, License ID or Invoice No. along with your Password.
    And proof of purchase like a receipt and a photo copy of the box and program cd disk.
    And where you bought the program.

Click here to start the process to get reactivated
    http://www.dvdxcopy-international.com/cgi-bin/ttx.cgi?cmd=newticket

or here
    http://www.dvdxcopy-international.com/support.html

OR HERE
    http://www.xcopy-internationalsupport.com/

18. ravmahad

ravmahad Guest

Thanks for this information. we all hope that it works. After spending hundreds of dollars on this software, does it not sound too unfair of of them to leave all of their earlier clients in such a state? re formatting or loading into another comp would take place as long as the computer exists. does it mean that we have to go through all these all the while in future too? wouldn't it be kind of them to leave a hotlink or just an activation thread for their genuine users. there would be many who might have lost their receipts, for example, i do not have the receipt nor the exact date of first activation but just the boxes, password and the ID. i provided them these details and up comes the message that they do not have that particular ID in their database. is this the customer's fault? more, this pack of mine was purchased from the USA itself and not elsewhere. will they accept the scans of the box, cd and the IDs? i can't communicate to them over the phone because i am not in the USA. any further help in this matter would be highly appreciated. many thanks again.

19. shoutz2u

shoutz2u Member

The old DVD123 company or whatever there name was - they DO NOT EXIST!
    And they did not give a crap about their customer base, since they created software that MUST be activated EVERY time you re-install it!
    That is "patently unethical," since they certainly had the realization that one day they might go out of business, thus
    leaving all their customers HANGING!

HERE'S THE RUB: I tried AfterDawn's activations and I keep getting
    crappy NTVDM errors and/or it doesn't activate properly and even
    the one time that it did, it dies out with that NTVDM error.
    Now they say, "Oh, try again, you have THREE MORE ACTIVATIONS LEFT!"
    screw that! I should have AS MANY ACTIVATIONS AS I NEED, UNTIL
    THE DARNED THING WORKS!!! It will NOT work on my XP SP2 system.
    It worked great on Windows 98 and activated perfectly (3 years ago).
    And I "think" it still worked as recently as XP SP1.

IMO -
    Only THREE viable options remain - if we have VALID LICENSED COPIES, which I do (I have record of receipt and everything!), then

Option #1
    It is NOT ILLEGAL FOR US TO GET TOGETHER AND "TRADE WORKING COPIES!"
    It is PERFECTLY L-E-G-A-L for me to gain a copy of, and use software THAT I *PAID FOR* (bought from TigerDirect, btw). SO, anybody that
    has working copy of DVDXcopy Platinum can GHOST his HD and that
    makes a perfectly registered/activated copy! Now, those of us
    with VALID LICENSED COPIES - we GIVE THAT INFO to the person
    who has a working GHOST copy - and pay a small handling fee,
    and BOOM, we now have a working copy of WHAT WE PAID FOR!
    I don't GIVE A CRAP if it's a different key from what I bought!
    If [YOU] left me hanging - then that is the ONLY option I have!
    (sad that I didn't ghost my drive before it died - ugh!)

Option #2 - Let's all get together and do a Class Action
    Lawsuit - we got SCREWED! We should name BOTH the xcopy company that went out of business (and all it's owners) along with TigerDirect and wherever else others bought their software.

Option #3 - WRITE OUR CONGRESS(PEOPLES) and MAKE THEM PASS
    A FRIGGIN' LAW THAT MAKES IT [ILLEGAL] TO CREATE SOFTWARE
    WITHOUT PROVIDING A PERMANENT KEY TO THE PURCHASER!!!
    EXAMPLE: How do I know that "altavista.com" will ALWAYS BE THERE
    TO ACTIVATE MY WHIZ-BANG WHATEVER? Sites come and go; companies
    come and go - but LICENSED SOFTWARE SHOULD BE "ETERNAL!" I
    should be able to re-install it if my HD breaks and should be
    able to still use it!!!

And SHUT UP ABOUT ALL THE NEW, GREAT WHIZ-BANG PROGRAMS!
    NONE OF US WANT TO HEAR THAT CRAP - WE WANT [WHAT WE PAID FOR!]
    I DON'T GIVE A CRAP IF IT'S SLOW AS MOLASSES - IT WORKED WHEN
    I FIRST INSTALLED IT - I DON'T WANT OR NEED THE "LATEST/GREATEST"

Thanks
    http://www.myspace.com/jeffmason

20. ravmahad

ravmahad Guest

we all understand each other. one of the solutions that occurs to me is a request directed to all dvd x copy (version 2003 or earlier) users to address this together and help out each other in need. we all would need to put our resources together if we need to use this stuff till dvds exist. as seen elsewhere in the forum there are good splitters like Fab platinum and dvd decrypter, but its ultimately the loss of a software that was purchased with much fanfare, for no fault of the customer, that lets all of us down. copying dvds is no big deal these days. And leaving a thread by 321 studios is also no big deal either, for the software they have sold for almost two years. there would be hundreds of customers out there who might have trashed this because of the attitude of the company. they had legal wrangles but no federal court rules that the old customers should not be provided after sales service either by the parent company or their subsidiary. closing shop in the name of ethics and opening it in another name, being in the business through the back door, changing activation norms etc are bound to be challenged and contested over. as you rightly said once the product is purchased (they do not say anywhere on the carton or the disc that we would need to reactivate again and again) its for keeps. we had been denied this. who is responsible? they blame it on the courts. the court did not even know what these people were upto.