AfterDawn Forums

How to burn copyrighted DVD's

This discussion thread has 28 messages.

I have a DVD burner on my computer and I want to know how to beable to burn and copy a DVD that I get from edited by ddp onto a DVD. The movies are copyrighted so it wont let me but is there a way to get around that?
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 22 Apr 2006 @ 9:55
▼▼ This topic has 27 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
It is illegal to copy movies that you do not own.....i.e., rentals.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 18 Nov 2005 @ 15:58

If you want to make backup copies of DVDs that you own .. and ONLY DVDs that you own .. go to the following link:
http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/bypassing_dvd_protection.cfm
Yes I know that it is illegal but it still happens and I know there is stuff out there that lets people do it, I just dont know what its called.
@timber136

Please read the forum rules and the other threads that were provided. They will answer your questions and let you know what is permissable to ask in this forum and what is not.

just look under any of the members sigs for guides. what u do with this info is up to u. just remember big bro is watching...hehehe.

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/tutorial007.html
http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/
any country that sacrafices liberty for security deserves neither---ben franklin.
TO TIMBER123[bold/]

To burn a DVD that either has copyright or a copy protector, you need to download 2 small programs.
1. DVD Shrink (Im using version 3.2)
2. DVD Decrypter

To burn the DVD you want do the following

1. Put your DVD in the DVD reader and then open DVD Shrink. Go to "Edit">"Preferences" and make sure the target size is 7.4GB or lower so it will all fit on 1 normal DVD.
2. Push "Open Disk". It will do a quick analysis. It should only take 1 - 3 minutes
3. When thats done, highlight evrything in the left hand collum and press "Backup!"
4. A window will come up with options. In the "Select Backup Target" Chose "Create ISO Image and Burn with DVD Decrypter. Chose where you would like to place the output files and then press "OK"
5. It is now saving to your computer. This can take anywhere between 20 minutes and 1 and a half hours depending on your computer and the DVD. When it finishes, pull out the DVD and put in a blank DVD and push the button of a DVD in the DVD encryptor. Let it burn and enjoy your new DVD

Thanks for reading. Hope It Goes well.

Blakey C ;)
Hi there,

I've been successfully using DVD43 and Click Copy for a while, however I've just recently upgraded my OS to Windows XP 64x Edition and those programs are no longer compatible. Did anyone overcome this issue yet...is there a patch or upgrade???

Thanks
Iseybee
aabbccdd Suspended account
timber136, i would edit your post about the rentals , reported
lmao is this guy serious?
iseybee go to bootdisk.com and to the right click boot list and #262 I think you'll find the MS patch your looking for. Chris
After the other replys WOW
thanks everyone
timber136's post is edited
In my humble opinion, the best way to burn a copy protected DVD is with an oxy-acetylene torch

Now if you need to cut a disc ... well that's a different story ~ a plasma cutter is the way to go

Hello, hello, hello . . . anyone there?

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
yes, i'm here. i prefer a 1 terra watt laser for cutting
ddp ye say watt? to burn with?
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 22 Apr 2006 @ 11:00
i burn with a 6,000 watt laser everday. 1 inch plate steel melts like butter, and smooth as a babies a##. let me know if u need a disc.

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/tutorial007.html
http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/
any country that sacrafices liberty for security deserves neither---ben franklin.
dude doesn't know what he's doing. doesn't he know about the chip in rental dvds? jesus...you gotta have a lead-lined room and a nuclear-powered burner to copy those. :-P

what gets to me as the dvd has little hole in it after ye remove the chip,how do ye fill the holes?
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 22 Apr 2006 @ 12:45
very carefully!!!
LOL I cant believe this guy is serious. I mean members of AD know that people post things sometimes and change the story. Ex. I bought a game and want to know how to burn it or I downloaded a movie that I own. etc. we all know its a bunch of bu**$hit but at least the person has the brains to try and "mask" his question. this guy just blatantly asked how to copy a rented DVD!!
It's kind of like asking a police officer where the best place is to find a hooker ...

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.