1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying xbox games

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by deb5877, Mar 6, 2003.

1. deb5877

deb5877 Member

I want the simplest way to copy xbox games. Do I need some kind of chip in the xbox unit itself first before I go buy any software to burn them? How the hell would the chip be installed in the system? I have dvdxopy, dvdcopyplus, smartripper and many more which do not work, probably because there is no chip. I have 2 dvd burners in my pc, a dvd-r/rw and dvd+r/rw. Help me please someone!!!!!

2. Shank69xo

Shank69xo Member

First you need a Mod chip.Go to google and search XBOX MOD CHIP.then buy one install it then look in these forums for all the info you could possibly need

3. deb5877

deb5877 Member

I understand the mod chip has to be inserted into the xbox unit. I do not know how to do it. After it installed, is it set to go or do you install it, then have to do other things. I am a female and do not know the insides of computers or video game units. If I purchase it, would I be able to bring it someone and have them put it in or is it illegal?

4. Shank69xo

Shank69xo Member

Deb
    This is what exactly it takes to do XBOX games.
    1.A mod chip installed.There are solderless ones but they are around $60.Which is the way you should go.You still gotta open up the XBOX and install it.
    2.Then you need evolutionX burned to DVD-r and get it to boot on the xbox.
    3.network your PC and XBOX.
    4.Install EVolutionX on XBOX hard drive.
    5.then you copy games from XBOX to PC then From PC to Disk or from PC to XBOX hard drive

Kind of Confusing but very easy once you learn.

BUT Playstaion2 copying is much much easier.and unless you are die hard for XBOX,I would suggest it.
    1.Buy a no solder plug n play chip and a set of swap magic disks.$35
    2.open ps2 up and install chip.(very very easy.)My wife installed her own.
    3.Copy any game you want on your pc and Play it in PS2.

5. deb5877

deb5877 Member

Thank you but where do I get this evolution X and the rest of the stuff. I have seen on the net where you can purchase an Xbox unit that is already premodded. Should I go this way or if I do, is there still something I need to do once I get the unit?

6. greg3000

greg3000 Member

If you haven't found what you're looking for, I have EvolutionX saved on my HDD but I don't remember where I got it. I can email it to you if you'd like.

7. ECMoney

ECMoney Member

Hey Deb,
    your best bet would be to purchase an XBOX already with a mod-chip installed as that will save you time and grief with installing a mod chip yourself. You can learn the rest yourself with these forums if you already have a modded XBOX.

8. deb5877

deb5877 Member

Thank you all for this info, but not to sound like an ungrateful person, take a look at the date of my posting regarding this. It was March, 2003, almost a year ago and I have since then, now own a premodded xbox and am very happy. I am sure you did not realize the date, but again, I appreciate you trying to help me. Thanks again.

9. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

HA HA HA! That’s funny…....meanwhile back at the ranch…......a year later

greg3000 – You must have been really board to be digging in some almost year old posts heh!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]XBOX v1.1 with 120GB Seagate
    Matrix with evox M7
    PS2 39001 v7
    Massiah 2 Pro
    HP dvd200e
    Sony DRU-510A[/small]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2004
  10. greg3000

greg3000 Member

Excuse me for trying to be a little helpful...I knew the posting was that old. Just trying to offer help even though it has been a long time since the post. I know I've looked for something before and had a hard time finding it. See what you get when you try to help someone out....Oh well, never again...

11. deb5877

deb5877 Member

Hey,

This better not be directed to me. I told you I was very grateful for the info to try to help me and just pointed out that it was a year ago when I was asking for help, that's all. Whatever issues you have direct them towared the appropriate people please.

12. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

If you send your xbox to someone to get it chipped, i would say go to Rustydog. his name on here is Getmodded. He is cheap and very reliable. Very fast at getting done with everything and shipping. I sent mine to him and got everything back in great working condition.

duboy1

13. C.P.U

C.P.U Member

Can Anybody tell me a program to copy original XBox games to blank DVD's with a DVD-R???

Thanx in Advance
    Crazy Priest

http://www.cpu21.tk

14. pong3

pong3 Guest

You will need a number of programs in order to make backups of your games. Search the forums for a basic guide and if you need help, ask.

15. C.P.U

C.P.U Member

I don't care how many they are!!! I just want to copy a XBoX game. Can you name the needed programs???

::Crazy Priest::

16. shank69ox

shank69ox Regular member

You sure are gonna find alot of help with an attitude like that. It seems that you will have a better chance of getting help when you use the sites search function. As a matter of fact this very issue has been covered in many threads here.

17. peachymo

peachymo Regular member

i agree the amount of attitude from some people is ridiculas! it's a free service i certainly wouldn't help anyone again with an attitute like i have done

18. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

peachymo I agree with you on that fully the posts will just be read then ignored

19. C.P.U

C.P.U Member

Guys Guys!!!Can you make the things more simple???I have a chipped XBox which plays copied XBox games very well,but to get those games i have to pay!!!I need a program which i can copy original Xbox games,inserted in my PC,and copy them with a DVD-R to a blank DVD...CAN ANYONE HELP ME with a simple way???
    Thanx...

::Crazy Priest::

20. deb5877

deb5877 Member

Why don't you just obtain the games you want and copy them onto your hdd on the xbox?