AfterDawn Forums

HOW DO I FIND MY IP ADDRESS TO MY Xbox?

This discussion thread has 9 messages.

playboy10 Suspended due non-functional email address
how do i find my ip address to my xbox?

OH YEAH!!!
▼▼ This topic has 8 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
It depends on your dashboard. However, most are just a few clicks away. Usually under "Settings" and then "Network".
Do you even know what the difference between a 'Static' and 'Dynamic' IP is? Or how about DHCP? If you trying to connect though a Router it's a fair bet that you have DHCP turned on.
i recently softmodded my xbox and now every time i boot it up i get this "error 21" thing and i hear the only way to get this off is to ftp. but i dont know my ip address and there is know way to get it because i cant get to my dash. is there any hope for me?

OH YEAH!!!
Hmmm, that's interesting. I've never heard of someone being able to ftp without a dashboard. I'm not sure how that's even possible.

The default IP address is usually 192.168.0.2

BTW, which dashboard did you used to have?
i had evox at first and then i installed unleashx and thats when it messed up my xbox

OH YEAH!!!
Try visiting

http://www.displaymyip.co.uk

This will show you your outside IP address.
i got the same prob i am tryin to network the xbox to my computer to put the save file back on the xbox harddrive so i can softmod it again can someone help

no there is nothin on there i tried loading it several times!!!

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 26 Nov 2005 @ 21:41

HELP
The game save should still be on your hard drive. Just try loading it from the game again.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.