1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DELL DVD+RW Recorder - Help Please

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by shook, Mar 7, 2003.

1. shook

shook Member

Has anyone burned w/ the Dell dvd +RW recorder using Recordnowmax or Prassi. Both programs keep saying my recorder is not recognized...i updated and still no good. Is this possible or am I doing something wrong? I have a new Dell w/ +RW drive. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. mortus1

mortus1 Guest

hey I just wanted to say I am having the exact same problem. I recently bought a new dell computer and the DVD burner is not cooperating with Primo or Record Now, somebody help with this problem please

3. WalterPK

WalterPK Member

Hi guys, more info is needed i'm afraid. I've also get a new Dell Pc, but the DVD burner is a new NEC model , not a Dell one, Go to hardware and check properties. Let me know what you've both got.

I'm up and running after a couple of small teething probs. Progs in use are DVDDecryptor, Ifoedit, rempeg2 and Nero. backed up 10 films now and all work perfectly in my standalone dvd player.

4. HYDRO

HYDRO Guest

He walter I got the same drive and the same problem none of the burning programs will see the dvd+rw except for roxio I got the dell nec ND-1100A recordnow max primodvd and nero all say the same thing I'm using nero 5.5.9.14 the latest one I think. Any suggestions would be nice thanx

5. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

What model of Dell is it?

6. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

Your nero came bundled with your DVD drive? Newest nero is 55.10.20. Download and try.

cheezzzz

Last edited: Apr 29, 2003
  7. wfutral

wfutral Guest

I had problems with my new Dell writing DVD+RW.
    -- I discovered that Dell has an updated DVD driver that I downloaded. http://support.dell.com/ select DOWNLOADS and select 'Removable Media Storage Devices' for down load category ...
    -- I removed Roxio
    -- I pre-formated my discs using Studio-8 (it does not have any problem with the DVD drive).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2003
  8. HYDRO

HYDRO Guest

Hey dude I got the nec ND 1100A wfutral said something about a dvd drivers could you send me the web page or the link cause I'm still having problem with my drive I can burn dvds and cds in roxio but no other software well work thank you for the help

9. burressc

burressc Member

I have 2 question.
    First, is there a way to back-up a DVD that has a run time over 120 minutes. What program should I use. I tried DVDXCOPY (I think) and it splits movie to 2 disks even if it's less than 120 minutes because of the file size. Is there a way to shrink the file size and/or fit more than 120 minutes on a single DVD?

Second. Even when I do split and burn them, I can only read the movies on the DVD-RW. My DVD-ROM drive and my laptop both cannot read the movie. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

10. rparks3

rparks3 Member

I think I have the same problem with a Dell (NEC ND-1100A) DVD writer. My writer was bundled with Roxio Easy Creator 5. I tried to use Nero and it could not find my writer. I tried to use RecordNow Max and I had a Microsoft message stating that "CD/DVD Mastering Application has encountered a problem and needs to close." I was not able to download the above mentioned driver from Dell. I purchased the writer from Dell to use with another computer. Did you folks solve your problem? Thanks in advance. Ron.

Last edited: May 7, 2003
  11. rparks3

rparks3 Member

I hope that post made it on line. I had an error message at the bottom of my status bar.

12. rparks3

rparks3 Member

Solved my writing problems by downloading RecordNow Max version 4.5. Backed up Domestic Disturbance and Blood Work with no problems. Had problem with The Sum Of All Fears not recognizing the disc when played on standalone DVD player. No errors using DVD Decrypter and DVD2ONE. Will play on computer, but not on Sony DVD player. Any suggestions?

13. r0nbo

r0nbo Guest

The Dells with the 1100a burner are a real PITA!!! What helps is get the firmware upgrade from the Dell Forums and after you install it, uninstall the drive in device manager, restart the machine and let it reinstall itself. This seems to help a bit. Its no guarantee though.