1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite Game For The P.C....Old & New

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by Lethal_B, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

I am not a huge gamer. But I am sure a lot of you here are. I only have a few games, the best of which consist of

- [bold]Halo 1[/bold] is absolutely fantastic, especially online. It is probably the only game that I have spent a long time playing! I would recommend it to anyone out there who is into first person shooters. It has all the origionality that Halo 2 lacks. It is just a pure classic.

- also, [bold]Pro Evolution Soccer 5[/bold]. It is very realistic and you have so many tactical options available on this version. The graphics may not be up to the standards of the new FIFA 06, but certainly worth the money if football is your category

If you have any particular favourite games, then please post here. This thread is intended for us to share experiences on our favourite games, and even recommend others on what to look out for. I please hereask that nobody turns this into a flamer.

Peace

2. Doggy_Bot

Doggy_Bot Guest

Ah, Lethal, I agree with you 100%. I don't have Halo PC but I do have the Demo (to lazy to go out and get it).

It really does do better than Halo 2! If you have played Halo, and Halo 2, I highly recommend this game! Keeps you in the real experience that Bungie gives you.

I remember you and I had a long argument about Halo 2 vs. Halo PC, you won. lol.

3. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

my favorites are

diablo 1

the neverhood chronicles

the 11 guest

motorcross madness 1

and microsofts return of the arcade original for windows 95

4. kumipuu

kumipuu Guest

from the old: blood 2: the chosen, unreal 1, turok 2:seeds of evil
    from the latest: swat 4, motogp ultimate racing technology 3, the chronicles of riddick escape from butcher bay developer`s cut

5. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

you can always find me on Call of duty United Offensive capture the flag or team death match, this is my all time favorite game, I have other favorites but not as much as I like CODUO

as for the old....missile command, hehe

6. Lethal_B

Hehe, yeh I remember that! I ALWAYS win! ;)

Man, I used to have an Amiga 3000 as my first computer! it was wonderful, I had a catalogue of games on floppy disks! Cant put any to name, but back then, those 2d platform games were fantastic :)

7. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

[Off topic

Very Old: Sonic 1/2 on the Mater System

Older still: Mario 1/2/3 on the Nes

Still Old: Sonic 1/2 Mega drive (UK) Genesis (US)]

Old: Final Fantasy 7 on the Ps1/PC, pure class RPG

Newer: Call of Duty 1/UO PC, nothing like a good old sniper server :)

New: The Movies :D

Last edited: Nov 26, 2005
  8. randall10

randall10 Guest

AH!! i was looking for a thread like this one.. My fav games are the entire Legacy Of Kain Series just love those games it has a beautiful story. Broken Sword 3:The Sleeping Dragon, Beyond Good And Evil, and yeah Halo Kicks ass i kept playing it over and over again but i havent played Halo 2 is it availabe on PC? maybe thats a dumb question but games take a long time to hit the indian market.
    And i would also like to know if [bold]Ace Combat 5 The Unsung War[/bold] and [bold]Gran Turismo 4[/bold] is available on PC.Yes iam a huge fan of GT outstanding graphics, ive been playing it since the very first one on the PS1.

9. Lethal_B

Mate, if you can't find the thread you are looking for, create it ;)

10. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I doubt that these games will ever be made for the PC but it will be possible to be emulated on the PC with a PS2 emulator, but don't quote me on it.

As of right now I am soooo stuck on GUN, i loved RED DEAD REVOLVER for the PS2 and this has the same type of playability as RED DEAD REVOLVER.
    So this is my new favorite!

11. randall10

randall10 Guest

Well it no rush but if any one could please tell me how do i get a PS2 emulator up and running i would realy appreciate it. Ive downloaded something called Delta v2.00 from NGEmu.com and installed it iam not pretty sure if thats an emulator but after i installed it, its so complicated i dont know where to begin. Iam new to this so if someone could send me an easy setup guid i would realy like that.

12. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

There's no fully working Ps2 emulator yet so you will have to wait till someone makes a proper working version which could take some time.

13. pulsar

pulsar Active member

OK, I know that it is not a PC game, but I was totally addicted to Mario 3 on the Nintendo. I played it for 8 hrs once without losing a life.

Non-stop!

Not come across such an addictive game yet.

14. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Goddamm server lag....

Last edited: Nov 27, 2005
  15. Lethal_B

Now that's what I call true gaming addiction, pulsar!

16. randall10

randall10 Guest

Hi
    Has anyone played [bold]X3 Reunion[/bold] ive seen a couple of screen shots the graphics are awesome but i wanted to know about the game play before i buy a copy of it myself.

17. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Wow - lotta games I am not familiar with, some I recognise (or at least, have heard of :^)

1980's
    Mechwarrior (the original Activision Mechwarrior, floppydisk, 80286-12MHz) Totally addictive and ahead of its time - every one since is a follower. Most successful 'copy' is Sierra Earthsiege series (same feeling/controls etc. when piloting).
    Jack Nicklaus Golf.
    Greatest 18 = JN1; Unlimited = JN2 (~1990's)

1990's
    Wing Commander! Doom/Doom2; Heretic; Hexen; Quake; Unreal; Unreal Tournament; Half-Life; SimCity2000; Geoff Crammond's World Circuit (F1).
    Jack Nicklaus 5; Jack 6 (Golden Bear Challenge).

2000's
    Need For Speed (all of 'em); GrandPrix4; Halo (PC); Doom3; FarCry...
    Still playing HalfLife (series), Soldier of Fortune 1 and 2
    And lots of Jack Nicklaus 6 GBC! Not every day (just 6 times a week, LoL ;^)

Most Fun Ever Had:
    Unreal Tournament GOTY, in the 90's on a 4-PC LAN
    We would play and play for hours... (days!)

Best Game Ever:
    FarCry.
    Nothing like it, best game ever (in its genre). 'Nuff said :^)

Dumbest PC Gaming decision:
    I traded in my 1982 Honda CX500 Turbo because I needed a faster PC to play WingCommander3.
    Got a Pentium 90MHz rig with the $1500 bucks (totally worthless today) but the Turbo would be worth $2-3 grand ($5 grand?) today, if I still had it...
    Yikes! don't remind me, LoL
    Best Regards

Last edited: Nov 29, 2005
  18. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Far Cry is awesome, esp with all the settings on high, the detail is stunning.

19. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

FC is stunning :) IMO it is one of the if not the best graphically designed game ever, the whole thing just looks awesome.

20. i_suck

i_suck Guest

medal of honor
    call of duty
    battlefield
    Putt-Putt\'s Fun Pack
    HAHA