1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to split a DVD game into several CDs?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by cherem, Nov 26, 2005.

1. cherem

cherem Member

I have a DVD version of a game and want to split it over 3-4 CDs as my bro doesnt have a DVD drive on his comp. Is there any kind of software to split the DVD data into CD data and then install the game without any problem? I tried DVD decrypter but there is no such option. Pls help.

2. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

what you can do is to create an iso of the game DVD onto your hard drive... Done: Good...

next download a program called GSplit, load the iso and split it into however many pieces of however much size you need... Done: Good...

you will notice with these split files, in the same folder there will be an executable.. hold on to this it is a crucial file...

once you have split the files, load up nero and add as many of the files as you can to one cd disc, make sure to delete the files you burn after each disc so as not to get confused, after you have burned all of the files to cd's, copy them all onto your brothers computer into a empty folder on c: drive... Done: Good...

now place the executable into the same directory, run it and set all of your options then compile, you will be left with the same ISO file as before... Done: Good...

now just mount the ISO into a virtual drive like Daemon Tools ore something, enable all of the copy protection emulation options and install the game...