1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

War of the worlds Question

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by satyr0069, Nov 27, 2005.

1. satyr0069

satyr0069 Member

Wanting to back this up. Very much a newb. Used dvd decrypter with no problems. (Errors that is)It recognizes the copy protec (css/cppm).Ok....heres my question does decrypter auto remove the copy protec or do I have to identify and remove it manually? I am using a Lite-on dvdrwldw-811S,dvd decrypter and dvd shrink. I assume I have to use a DL disc. Which ones are recommened.

Thanks for any and all help

2. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

I don't know why you're getting errors while using DVD Decrypter, but I ripped it via File Mode and it went smoothly.

Below is the method I used and it successfully ripped using DVD Decrypter via File Mode, then I have DVD Shrink set on "Deep Analysis" and plus "Maximum Sharpness" on the quality, which it took 2 passes (again, I still prefer Nero Recode 2 because Recode 2 is much faster). However, for this movie WAR OF THE WORLDS, I'm going to use DVD Shrink. Finally, I burned it with Nero Burning Rom -- overall, it's flawless.

*NOTE: (1) for this movie, I'm going to burn with Nero Burning Rom. (2) when you're going to "encode" with DVD Shrink you can set the Target to be either burn with Nero or create ISO Image and burn with DVD Decrypter.
    [​IMG]

A) make a folder in hard drive called WAR OF THE WORLDS and VIDEO_TS inside "WAR OF THE WORLDS"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

B) now DVD Decrypter is done so you can exit out.

[​IMG]

C) open up DVD Shrink ,click Open Files and just encode it as your usual shrinking steps.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

D) now I'm going to burn using Nero Burning Rom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2005
  3. satyr0069

satyr0069 Member

Thanks this helps greatly. As to the nero recode 2...I have nero 6 ultra that has tons of other goodies but no recode! Do you know where to download it without all the other stuff on the nero site??

Thanks again for your help Alkohol!

4. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

I know that the actual file name that is the most current that contains Nero Recode2 is called "NVE-3.1.0.16.exe" but I just did a search on Nero's website for it and cannot find it anywhere. With this file and with a Legal Nero Ultra 6 package you will have Nero Recode2 as part of your SmartStart.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2005
  5. Robk9

Robk9 Guest

I think all the questions were answered, but I would use Decrypter and Nero Recode, alot less time and alot more simple.

As for DVD DL, I determine the size of the movie file, as for War of the Worlds, I believe is about 7 gigs not including the DTS. I would use a DVD DL to avoid compressing down to 58%.

I have a question and I will post the easy steps, [bold]How do you post pictures beside first posting them to a web page?[/bold]

6. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@satyr0069

If you have Nero 6 Ultra 6.6.0.16 (or the latest 6.6.0.18) you should have Nero Recode 2. You'll be able to find Nero Recode 2 under "Nero Digital" (when you click on START, Programs, Nero, then Nero Digital). To put it in simple word: Nero Digital (which has Nero Recode 2, NeroVision Express and Nero ShowTime, etc.) is Nero 6 Ultra Edition's "package #2" when you downloaded it on Nero's site.

7. irish80ca

irish80ca Regular member

Hopefully someone can help me out with this same movie.

I used DVD Decrypter for this movie and everything looked fine (I got all 29 files) until I tested the movie from my HD before burning. There was no sound. I tried it on another computer and had the same outcome using DVD Decrypter. Funny thing is it only took 15 minutes to finish (normally it takes me at least 30 - 45 mins. for movies this size).

Since this was happening I decided to try DVDfad. I started it about 8:30am this morning.......it's now 12:45pm and it's STILL going! Anyone else have this problem and if so did you manage to correct it?

8. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@irish80ca

I don't why you're having trouble with the sounds, but once DVD Decrypter ripped into your hard drive successfully (or just follow my little guide above), then you shouldn't have any problem at all.

First, I did "War Of The Worlds" using DVD Decrypter to rip via File Mode, then have Nero Recode 2 to encode/compress the movie and burned with Nero Burning Rom. Overall, it plays flawlessly.

Then, I tested and did it again -- this time using DVD Shrink (as you see the little guide from above).