1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Netflix

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by aabbccdd, Dec 4, 2005.

1. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

i been a netflix customer for a few months now the first month was great ,turnaround was at least 6 a week sometimes 9 on the 3 at a time program but as of late the turn around time has been getting slower and slower PLUS i have been getting bad and or cracked dvds. or lost in the mail dvds that i have to wait 5 or 6 days to report and when i report them they find them right away so they arent lost there JUST not getting them scanned back in correcty i have emailed them several times with NO response. iam going to call them this week and probably cancel my membership. just wondered if anyone else other than me has had the same problems ,Netflix SUCKS GUYS!!!!!

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2005
  3. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Thanks for the info. I had heard from friends it had pretty good selection, and signed up just this last (03-Dec-05) weekend for the service. My initial 3 movies are listed as shipping today, I will learn how to max this out, at least for my 30 day trial...

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

the first month will probably be fine its after your first month is when they stick it to you

5. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Why not use an alternative like blockbuster aabbccdd

6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yeah thats the next step belive me ,iam sure they dont like my turn around time is the main problem

7. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

Something is going on with my account too. I just got it about 1 month ago. I do the 3 at a time thing too, but after the 5th movie, everything got screwed up.

It used to be that when it said that a movie will arrive on a certain date, it came on that date, but now I have movies that are expected on December 28th and now, January 3rd, nothing (really the 4th, but barely past midnight now, so it doesn;t count). There is 1 movie that I was supposed to get on December 22nd, and I have not gotten this one either, (reported it missing earlier today).

What the hell is up with them??? If they are throttling me, at least tell me the actual date the movie will come in on.... I wonder how it can take a DVD over 12 days to travel 10 miles. I know it is not the post office, because all my other mail is on time and I even sent a letter to myself from the Netflix "distribution center" and got it the next day.

Has anyone had any experience with Intelliflix? This one has a deal where it is 3 rentals at a time for $8.25 a month, but you have to sign a 1 year deal.

As, for Blockbuster, I hear that they are worse than Netflix (slightly), but they do not do it on purpose.

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

JaguarGod read this link

http://www.manuelsweb.com/netflix.htm

bottom line if your turning around to many movies they cant make any money so they dont need customers like us.That must be there thinking

heres the scoop

Subscription: Always have a movie to watch
    Rent unlimited movies and have 3 out at a time for as little as $16.95 a month for our Standard Plan. Want even more from your plan? Our Premium Plan is the Ultimate Subscription Program, as it provides you with 3-out unlimited movies and games (including mature content if you choose) for only $24.95. You can have 3 DVDs out at a time, and you can exchange them for new DVDs as often as you like. Keep each movie as long or as short as you like- no late charges! The number of DVDs you rent depends on how quickly you watch and return them. Shipping is always free!

What is a subscription program? Always have a movie to watch. Rent unlimited titles and have up to 3 out at a time. Keep each one as long or as short as you like- with no late charges! The number you rent depends on how quickly you watch and return them. Shipping is always free!

How much does it cost?
    We have 2 subscription plans available. With our Standard Plan you will receive 3 movies out at a time with unlimited monthly rentals from our huge library of movies for $16.95 a month. Want even more from your plan? Our Premium Plan is the Ultimate Subscription Program, as it provides you with 3-out unlimited movies and games (including mature content if you choose) for only $24.95

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2006
  9. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

That is a good sight. I also followed some of the links. Thanks for the info!!!

I will see how many DVDs I can get from them. I hope I can get at least 19 a month ($1 per rental). I had one week where I got 5 DVDs, which somehow came 1 per day. I think in the Free trial period I got 10 DVDs. Since then, I have only gotten 6 and like I said earlier, my Queue now has 3 movies that are marked "shipped" and that they arrived on December 28th.

I wonder if it is because of the intense competition to rent the same movies as I am renting. I wonder how many people are fighting to rent "Z" (was marked as "shipped" for 6 days) or "The Lion of Thebes" (was "lost" in the mail)?

Z was a horrible attempt at a movie about a revolution in Greece (French Language with non-working Eng subs) and The Lion of Thebes is an Italian made movie, so it has a super low budget and probably bad acting (starring Gordon Mitchell??? and directed by Mark Forest another actor from low budget flics). I am probably one of the about 15 people in the world that would rent these movies...

Here are the results of one of the tests done by following a link:

You have rented 17 DVDs over 1 month. (That's an average of 17 DVDs per month) (actually 16 movies, since 1 was "lost").
    On average, 59% of your rentals were delayed (i.e. 'throttled') by Netflix.
    In your most recent month of data (12/2005), your rentals were delayed 59% of the time.
    In processing the input data, the program found no problem rentals and no multiple rentals.

Can you believe 59% throttling???

Last edited: Jan 4, 2006
  10. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Yes

this will be my last month with Netflix

11. kenneth1

kenneth1 Regular member

you think netflix is bad wait till you try Blockbuster, they are 5 times worse then netflix, I got so feed up with both I have gone back to the corner store to get mine, Blockbuster will send out e-mail saying movie is on the way, you might get it 2 weeks later if lucky

12. Pokey5

Pokey5 Regular member

My experience with blockbuster is fine. But there is one thing, their inventory could be alot better.

13. hogan

hogan Regular member

aabbccdd
    I've been with netflix for a while with no problems. Except when Katrina hit. My movies come out of Baton Rouge which is now larger than New Orleans was. They have more concert dvds than Blockbuster. But turn around time is back to normal. Getting movies pretty fast.

14. thormotox

thormotox Guest

i was going to try netflicks out and good thing i didn't. Has anyone had any luck with any other renting programs besides blockbuster?

15. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

With any online rental site you use, if you just get the movies and send them back right away, they are going to slow down. They have to pay for shipping both ways, and once the shipping costs near your monthly bill, they come up with all kinds of excuses as to why they slowed down.

16. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

anyone had any experience with gamefly.com for online game rental?

17. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

yeah, gamefly started f'n me over. Saying they never received the games when i mailed them weeeeeekss before. If you have a blockbuster near you with gamepass, i recomend that.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2006
  18. B2D327

B2D327 Regular member

I recently cancelled my Netflix subscription because of quality control issues. I had a movie in my queue and every copy they sent was cracked/damaged and I wasn't gonna attempt to play that garbage and risk damaging my dvd player. Anyway, on the 5th replacement I noticed that the same disc had been shipped because of the distinct damage to the disc. It had 3 cracks that looked like Wolverine had sunk his claws into it so what I did was crumble the discinto tiny bits to make sure it wouldn't go out again but the bs form letter they sent me about "we go to great lengths to ensure that problems like this are a rare occurrence", I figured I'd had enough of their crap and cut them off. Blockbuster was no better. Their shipping times were slow and I'd gotten at least 3 damaged discs in the first month.

19. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

I think nexflix is great. I tryed blockbuster for 2months and they suck. I was going to say It DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU LIVE, But then i realized that blockbuster and netflix is both in seattle. I"m telling you blockbuster sucks in my opinion.

20. dr_no

dr_no Regular member

Just stumbled on this thread and it made me wonder.
    Well, I just signed back up with Netflix about 3 months ago. I did not have any problems with them until the holidays, discounting the 1 cracked movie they replaced in 2days. Anyway, the past two weeks I received about half of the movies I normally do, including a missing rental last week that I still didnt receive. This might have been affected by the christmas, new year mail volume whatever. I am not thinking of cancelling but maybe just dropping down a level or two from my 3 at a time plan. Will see in a week or two.