1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C & C Generals Advice and help for newbie.

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by maxiem39, Mar 11, 2003.

1. maxiem39

maxiem39 Guest

Here goes !! This is first request from this newbie. I have the two CD's for Generals. I want to make a useable copy. I have looked at, Alcohol 120,CloneCD, CD Mate, BlindWrite Suite plus others. Having read the guide by aldaco12 which made things clearer. I'm overloaded with info & would appreciate advice on best software and anything else I should look at. Thanks, Max

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

C&C Generals is Safedisc 2.8.x cd protected and Alcohol 120% is your best route to go to make a working backup.
    What brand name is your cdrw?

Shoey

3. maxiem39

maxiem39 Guest

Hi Shoey, the CDRW is shown as HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE 8481B. I have found out that it is a.
    Hitachi-LG data storage model GCE-8481B. Its Write supported features include Packet, TAO,DAO,SAG RAW
    Raw SAD16
    Raw SAD96
    thanks,
    max

4. monzaman

monzaman Guest

OK serious time. what do you want to do?
    Burn the Cd's or play from your HD. have you got the cracks/serials etc, Are they ISO's or Bins & Cues or RARs I don't know you should!! Info overload is dead easy ( they could all say the important bits in 2 sentences, but never do) and whats all that crap on your HD? You'll have more conflicts than ALI & Frazier, dump some of it. Keep Alc and Clone Cd (with clony XXL)and dump the rest. Your now in an grey area of the law, so you tell us (PC Monza 1456 Derby Met) what you want to do.

I'm sure me and my colleagues can help :}

5. Shoey

Shoey Guest

maxiem39,
    First use a tool called ClonyXXL to scan both discs to see where the protection is located. Most likely Safedisc 2.8.x will be on disc 1.
    ClonyXXL: http://www.primacom.net/~m6030328/downloads.htm

Now download& install Alcohol 120% and insert disc 1, then open Alcohol>open image making wizard. Look down at the bottom where it says datatype and delect Safedisc 2 and choose read speed at max>next. Make a new folder and name it C_C_Generals_CD_1 then click start. After reading the image file now insert a blank cd-r, open Alcohol 120% and click image burning wizard. Click browse and locate the image you just read (C_CGeneral_CD_1)>next. Look down near the bottom and make sure datatype is Safedisc 2 and for write method RAO DAO and burn the image at max. After you've burned the image, follow the same step for disc 2 and name C_C_Generals_CD_2). When all finished EXIT Alcohol 120 from system tray (startup) then insert cd 1 in your DVD/CD-Rom and see if the game will install without any errors. If you encounter errors then eject and insert the disc in your LG48x (Lucky GoldStar) and try again. If you encounter install errors this simply means both of your drives can't read atip or bypass. You will need to have Alcohol 120 running in system tray to play your backup.Open Alcohol 120 and go to General>Extra emulation and check bad sector emulation. Now go to display>check minize Alcohol 120 to window.

Shoey

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2003
  6. .X.

.X. Member

Hey maxiem39, cool stuff, we have the same writer:) She's a nice one eh?

Well, good luck with your burning.

7. carlhowar

carlhowar Guest

you only need the latest version of clonecd.
    i have never been able to backup a westwood game until now, as the protection is one of the best. however, on the new version of clonecd there is an option called burn p.c. protected game. simply click this and enjoy. i have used it and it deffinately works. you will need a no-cd patch file from astalavista.com . hope this helps. see ya c.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2003
  8. Shoey

Shoey Guest

You don't use CloneCD backing up Safedisc 2.8.x because it is a "hit& miss" using a 2 sheep burner (writes regular bit patters correctly. Why this happens is unknown and Alcohol 120% is the more secure program to use.

Shoey