1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert AVI, MPEG, WMV to iPod, PSP, 3GP, MP4 Video Converter Tutorial

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by baaket_na, Dec 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baaket_na

baaket_na Member

Many users convert AVI to MPEG using a certain video converter, convert WMA to MP3 with an audio converter, convert WMV to MP4 for Sony PSP with a PSP video converter or a MP4 converter, convert AVI to 3GP using a 3GP video converter, extract MP3 from MPEG using a video to audio converter. Why use so many programs?? [bold]You can complete almost all video and audio conversion with only ONE software[/bold]!!It is Xilisoft Video Converter, which can:

* Convert between various video formats, including [bold]AVI, MPEG, MOV, WMV, MP4, 3GP, RM, MPG, DivX, ASF, VCD, SVCD, DVD's VOB[/bold] files.
    * Support [bold]iPod video, PSP video, MP4 player[/bold].
    * Extract audio from all video formats mentioned above, and save to MP3, WAV, WMA, AAC, M4A, RA, OGG.
    * Convert between a variety of audio files, such as WMA, MP3, AAC, WAV, RA, M4A, OGG, MP2.
    * Support H.264/PSP AVC and H.264/MPEG-4 AVC encoding/decoding.
    * The kernel codes have been optimized. It is more rapid, better stability.
    * Support APE, CUE decoding and audio CD ripping.
    * Support batch conversion.
    * Ease to use.

[bold]How to convert step by Step[/bold]

1. Download the latest video Converter (3.1 version) from http://www.dvd-tool.com/download/xi-video-converter-38540.exe

2. Load files you'd like to convert
    Install and launch, add the video add/or audio files you'd like to convert by clicking "Add" in the main interface or in the "File" menu. By highlighting the files, you can see its infomation including video codec and audio codec in the recording area.

[​IMG]

3. Set output format
    In “Profile” drop down list box, you may select output format. The software allows setting different output formats according to different files.
    Tips: by selecting DivX format (*.avi) in “Profile” drop down list box, the software will produce .avi file using DivX encoder.

4. Set conversion mode (Optional)
    After selecting certain output format, the right column will show its general standard. By clicking certain settings such as 'Start Time', 'Video Size', 'Video/Audio Bit rate' and so on, you may set it.
    Please note: you can set "Video Size" by choosing the value given or inputting the value you like, such as "320x240". Certainly, you can keep the default value no change.

[​IMG]

Tips: If you like, select the output folder by clicking the "Browse..." button or directly enter a path in "Destination" drop down list box.

5. Start converting
    Finally, click "Encode" in the File menu to start converting.

[​IMG]

After a successful conversion, the info "Completed" will show.

[​IMG]

Related download:
    * To convert and playback RM/RA real media files, Maybe need to download Realplayer from http://www.real.com/ (FREE!)
    * To convert and playback WMV, ASF, WMA, Maybe need to download Windows Media Player from http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/default.mspx (FREE!)
    * To convert and playback DivX, Maybe need to download Divx codec from http://www.dvd-tool.com/codec/DivX6.exe (FREE!)
    * To convert and playback MOV, MP4, AAC, Maybe need to download QuickTime Player from http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/win.html (FREE!)

----------------------

[bold]Tips: Convert video files to MP4 and sync to iPod[/bold]

* Set 'Video Size': Before converting video files to iPod MP4, please set the 'Video Size' to '320x240'.
    * Playback the iPod video files: After converting video files to MP4, you can drag it into your iTunes library or open it with Quicktime Player.
    * Sync to iPod: Click 'File -> Update iPod'.

-----------------------

[bold]Tips: Transfer PSP video[/bold]

* Playback the PSP video files: You can play the PSP video files with Quicktime Player.
    * Connect PSP to your computer using a USB cable: In your PSP, press "USB Connectivity" menu. If you use a memory card reader to transfer the video file, please connect your memory card reader to the computer.
    * Transfer to your PSP: In your PSP, Create a folder called "MP_ROOT" and inside that folder create another folder named
    "100MNV01".In Xilisoft Video Converter, click "Tools -> PSP Video Manager" menu and transfer .mp4 and .thm files to PSP by moving them to "\MP_ROOT\100MNV01".

If have any problems, post here. :)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2006
  2. i_suck

i_suck Guest

nice guide
    thanks

3. baaket_na

baaket_na Member

i_suck, thanks for your praise.
    I like to try different video and audio software and share my exp with all friends coming to this forum.
    I will continue.... :)

4. pyrovamp

pyrovamp Member

I tried this out and for some reason when I opened up the converted video file and if played the video in five minutes, but had the audio play the full duration of the movie. Any advice is greatly apprieciated.

EDIT: Tried fiddling around and then converted it again and it worked. Thanks alot for the guide. It was most helpful.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2005
  5. spont73

spont73 Member

pyrovamp:
    I experienced the same problem with the video playing back much faster than the audio, what settings did you use to correct this?

6. baaket_na

baaket_na Member

The newest version is 2.1.57
    Try to adjust "Frame Rate" to 23.976, 29.97 or 25.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2006
  7. sidthehat

sidthehat Member

Hey,

Is it possible to get video longer than five minutes at a time on this programme?

Appreciate any help.....

8. baaket_na

baaket_na Member

sidthehat, the trial version can only convert 5-min video or audio files. It is completely free if you convertd music video, less than 5-min usually. ;)

9. ArtemusXi

ArtemusXi Member

ok so i did everything converted the files to mp4. but when i go to tools and select psp manager it says my psp has not been connected. when i click on the drive that it is in. it says that it isnt a PSP. so i just simply copied and paste the files that were converted over to the files you indicated to transfer too. and while it is on my memory stick. cuz i can play them using quicktime. the psp wont recognize them. so i cant watch them. does it HAVE to be transferred using the PSP MANAGER. help would be appreciated. -ArtemusXi

10. baaket_na

baaket_na Member

ArtemusXi, you can transfer PSP mp4 video file to your Sony PSP using PSP Video Manager or manual operation.

1. Transfer by PSP Video Manager.
    It is easy to use. Just click 'Tools -> PSP Video Manager'.

2. Transfer manually.
    Connect your PSP with PC, and copy those two files into "H:\MP_ROOT\100MNV01" (where "H" is the drive letter of your PSP).
    Re-name your files in PSP. You must re-name them to "M4Vxxxxx.MP4". "M" and "V" should be capital. There would be five random numbers followed "M4V". The numbers must be same for the two files. This is quite important, or your file can not be played on PSP.
    Actually, you can just export files directly into PSP if you set "H:\MP_ROOT\100MNV01" as "Destination" folder. Of course you must keep PSP connecting with PC during the conversion in this way. After the conversion is done, click "Open" button so that you can visit PSP directly and rename your output files.

11. ArtemusXi

ArtemusXi Member

thx. for the advice.

12. harsaphes

harsaphes Guest

tried this program last night...used a ripped dvd, ran the program, output for psp, when the program was finished, the movie was not at the beginning, but started sometime after....is this because it was the trial version...and if not how do i fix it..thankyou

13. baaket_na

baaket_na Member

@harsaphes
    I think your ripped DVD movie is not at the beginning. Try converting your original DVD's VOB files to PSP with the video converter. If you are not satisfied with it, rip original DVD to PSP directly following the "DVD Ripper" guide I collected.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2006
  14. harsaphes

harsaphes Guest

no the rip is at the beginning...plays just fine with other players

15. ltrey33

ltrey33 Member

Hey all, I have a question about the Xillsoft software. I put a DVD on my computer using a DVD Decoder, and the files play fine on my computer when I play them. Then I converted them to iPod format to put on to my iPod, but when I play it on my comp AND on the iPod in the format the audio is in Spanish! There are 3 different audio selections under the audio portion of the software, and it says 1. Stereo 2. Mono 3. 5.1. One of them has the audio commentary, and the other two are the spanish audio. Is there any way to get the English audio? Or do I need to learn Espanol?

16. bigapples

bigapples Member

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  17. Sudds

Sudds Active member

i have alot of .mp4 files some i would like to convert to dvd (vob) as back ups (child startin to crawl) i did download some software avi pro from cucusoft but when i start to convert no audio could be found? just pic...

18. baaket_na

baaket_na Member

19. Sudds

Sudds Active member

Thanks man i,ll try that.

20. Sudds

Sudds Active member

Wont work chap, need credit card to buy and i dont own one (never ave, never will) is there any freeware stuff to do the same job?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.