1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acceptable 3dMark 2005 score

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by wdowsing, Dec 16, 2005.

1. wdowsing

wdowsing Regular member

So what do u think an acceptable 3dMark 2005 my laptop got just under 2000 and my comp 1 got just under 1600 but what does everyone else consider an acceptable score.

2. rugripper

rugripper Guest

i was getting with my xp 3200 athlon xp barton core between 5600 and 6000....that was with a emachine 2825 with 768 junk ram and a 6800gt bfg video......the first number is before overclocking and the 2nd is after i pushed that baby to its limits...hope that helped....peace

3. jonni3

jonni3 Guest

If you sign up to the Futuremark ORB (it's free) then you can compare you score to others using the same or similar pc specs as yourself :)

4. wdowsing

wdowsing Regular member

thanks jonni3 ill try that

5. cp1966

cp1966 Regular member

Wdowsing, that score looks low for the system you have. Grip, that seems awfully high. I get a 3522 score on an AMD 3000XP Barton, 1 gb ram and a Nvidia 6600 GT card.

I recently upgraded to a AMD 64 3700 and 2 gb of ram (same video card). I have not run 3dmark 05 with it yet though...

6. Stir_Fry

Stir_Fry Regular member

7. rugripper

rugripper Guest

probably just about right at stock,dont worry about that score as much as it plays an actual game.....if it plays games fine dont worry about it...peace

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2005
  8. AlphaXT

AlphaXT Member

er..guys can u help mi out..wondering whether my 3dmark scores are ok?

3dmark 2001 - 20374
    3dmark 2003 - 13203
    3dmark 2005 - 5744

er..one more thing, wondering wat fps u all got when u ran 3dmark 2005, cause theres one instance, or maybe 3 or 4, my fps was 1 or 2..is this normal for my card..or there is some prob somewhere?

9. rugripper

rugripper Guest

thats normal,alittle faster then my athlon 3000+,6800gt agp but those scores dont really mean anything...hows your games look and run,thats the ticket...lol...peace

10. AlphaXT

AlphaXT Member

er..how bout the 1 or 2 fps thingy..did you get that kind of fps??

11. rugripper

rugripper Guest

everybody does,thats normal so dont let it bother you....how about fear,hows that run?you should be able to play on medium and it looks real good on that video card....1 or 2 fps is right on the mark with the last couple of tests.....peace

12. AlphaXT

AlphaXT Member

oh..phew..thats a relief..i thot theres something wrng with my com..
    er..i dun have fear..heard it was a scary game..so din buy it..lol..do you guys play nfs most wanted?

13. rugripper

rugripper Guest

yeah scare the life out of you not in a monster scary way but like you turn around and there is a person right there talking to you or you look up while your going down a latter and a girl is the laughing for a minuite....that kind of scary....pretty much all of a sudden somethings right in front of you then it dissappears...crazy like that.....nfs most wanted pretty kool.....call of duty 2 is spectacular in the graphics dept,you should try that....no nothings wrong with your pc and if there was it would have shut down and rebooted during the tests...peace glad i could help

14. AlphaXT

AlphaXT Member

thnx lotss!! gd day..

15. jonni3

jonni3 Guest

The last 2 test's in 05 are CPU based thats why you only get 1-2 FPS in them test's

16. AlphaXT

AlphaXT Member

u mean the graphics are being generated by cpu rather than gpu..? then does than mean a com with no graphics card using a onboard device will score more than 1,2 fps?

17. rugripper

rugripper Guest

no that means your cpu is working by itself to make the graphics work....peace

18. AlphaXT

AlphaXT Member

oic..btw..can u all post ur 01 03 05 3dmark scores?? i want to reference..cos this thread is bout 3dmark..thnx!! :)

19. rugripper

rugripper Guest

i think mine are public and active under rugripper40 or bloodraven43.....if you register you can compare to people that have the same thing as you under orb something or other...peace

20. jonni3

jonni3 Guest