1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC games

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by Bestmiler, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Bestmiler

Bestmiler Guest

How would i go about backup a pc game? is it the same as a DVD?

2. bosco1

bosco1 Guest

3. dragonz17

dragonz17 Regular member

jus use clonecd n get a no-cd patch, alwayz wrkz 4 me

Last edited: Dec 20, 2005
  4. Bestmiler

Bestmiler Guest

any other alternatives.....

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2005
  5. Bestmiler

Bestmiler Guest

bump...

6. fpxdragon

fpxdragon Member

isnt bumping not allowed?

any way, ya alchohol 120% is good for buning stuff and emulatin things so u dont need a cd but if ur "backing up" pc games... most of them dont have copy protection so any cd copying program should do it ^_^

7. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Says WHO ???

Your joking right?? Name one game that has no protection on it.

For me Alcohol 120% is the best way to go for making PC game backups, also your going to need another tool to determine what type of protection the game has, its called Aray scanner and you can pick this COOL toy for free http://www.aray-software.com/index.php?showforum=7

Any other questions feel free to ask.

8. Bestmiler

Bestmiler Guest

geestar20, is Alcohol 120% free and if not, do you know any programs that are free that do the same?

Also, what other tools are there to determine what type of protection the game has other than Aray scanner? Can I use CloneCD to make a backup?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2005
  9. DMNz

DMNz Member

Ok so I'm trying to backup my own copy of Call of Duty. I used ArayScanner and it said it had Safe Disc 3.10 or 3.15 on it.

Then I used Alcohol 120% to make a copy of the disc. But all I get are a bunch of read errors. Its skips those of course but I assuming that I have to remove the Safe Disc protection, how do you do this?

10. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

thread teleported to a more suitable forum

11. DMNz

DMNz Member

Ok I think I may have answered my first question but now have a second. I figured out that on the bottom of the screen there is an option to select the kind of protection on the disk. So I selected safedisk 2/3 and made an MDS file using Alcohol 120%, still got a lot of read errors but it did create the file, but when it prompts me for a blank disk and I put one in the thing hangs and says this:

"Please insert an empty disc into the following CD/DVD-Recorder to continue."

And the Device status says: "Empty Disc (DVD)"

Why is this hanging and how do you get it to continue?

12. DMNz

DMNz Member

Hey I like this answering my own question thing. I'll do it anyway just in case sombody else can use this in the future.

I could not burn a disc with the MDS file I created but I could mount an virtual image that worked just fine.

BUT I also found out that if I re-copied and selected an .iso format instead, that image burned just fine onto a DVD.

I hope this helps sombody else out there lol :)