1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems accessing burner in Nero 6 on XP64

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by daemonzx6, Dec 19, 2005.

1. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

I am having a problem when using Nero 6.6.0.18 Ultra Edition. My system specs are below.
    It happens whenever I open a component of Nero, it says something about asking my admin to give me access using Nero BurnRights, which you can download from nero.com. I did try this, and it only changed the error. It now said to ask my admin to give me acces using Nero BurnRights, which is already installed. Nothing I can do seems help it in the least.
    I can't seem to get this solved, everything I read on nero.com and other forums says that Nero 6 works flawlessly in XP64 32bit emu mode.
    I really need this working, I can't burn anything at all with Nero.

2. U7Hacker

U7Hacker Member

Ive had a problem like this, uninstall nero completeley and remove the registry keys as well, reinsall and me sure your in the admin account in XP (when you install again) if that doesnt work tell me

3. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

I uninstalled everything, deleted all the registry keys, rebooted, reinstalled, and I'm getting the same problem.

4. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

you most likely then are not the administrator of the computer you are on then

are there more then one person accounts on your windows xp computer

are you using a legal copy?

5. U7Hacker

U7Hacker Member

I know exactly how you can fix it this is it,if this doesnt work you have another problem

completely uninstall all Nero products from your computer system using the CleanTool and then download the latest version.

You can only start the General CleanTool if you have administration rights on your computer!
    (If you are not an Administrator an error message occurs).

Before proceeding further, make sure you have your Nero 5 or Nero 6 serial number. You will need it to install Nero/NeroExpress.
    It is structured as follows: 1A2x -xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

The serial number is located on the inside of the Nero jewel case or on the back of the paper sleeve that the Nero CD came in.

If you do not have either of those available, you can find your serial number as follows:
    Open the Registry by
    - clicking on “Start” in Windows
    - clicking on “Run”
    - typing "regedit" and confirming with "OK"

To open the Registry key go to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ahead\Nero-Burning ROM\info
    You will find the entry “serial” in this Registry path.
    Double-click on this file to see you serial number.

Please note that the General CleanTool will also remove all Nero Plug-ins. Therefore make sure that you have saved any plug-ins you purchased separately so you can re-install them again.

To proceed with the deinstallation, download the General CleanTool to your Desktop from
    ftp://ftp9.nero.com/attach/General-CleanTool.zip

Unzip the file with WinZip or WinRar and double-click on the .exe file.
    Select the “Clean All” option and then click on the “Clean” button to uninstall all Nero products. Now reboot your computer system. The Registry will have been cleaned and all Nero entries removed.

The General CleanTool recognizes if a program is still running and will request that it should shut down so it can remove file association after a reboot.2

(2)
    Click on Start -> run -> type in "regedit" -> click on Edit (top bar) -> search -> Type in for the first search ahead and when the search is succesfully completed for the second search nero.
    Please delete all registry entries with ahead and Nero.

(3)
    Please update to the current Nero 6 Version.
    You can download the newest Nero 6 Version from our website:
    http://www.nero.com/nero6/eng/nero-up.php

The help-files for these updates have to be installed separately.
    Download the English language-pack, which includes the help-files:
    http://www.nero.com/nero6/eng/sp_file.php?spla=eng

(Please note that the current language-pack can only be installed if the current Nero 6 version has been installed beforehand. The version-number of the Nero 6 update and the version-number of the language-pack have to be identical.)

Please start to reinstall Nero.

There you go tell me whats up it should work perfect U7Hacker knows all