1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extension format name

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by fugly, Dec 22, 2005.

1. fugly

fugly Guest

I have a movie that I need to convert but it is in .zav format I have looked everywhere but can't find out wot it is it is not even listed in After Dawn glossary Fugly

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

I do not think there is a Video format with that extention...

Try renameing it to AVI and see if it will play and if not then Try "Mpg" and then "WMV" and then Maybe try "Zip" or "Rar" ...

3. fugly

fugly Guest

Sorry to disapoint you Minion but there is. I found a program Win Avi which did the conversion to DVD in 90 minutes thanx anyway Fugly

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well if the Files was an AVI but was Named Incorrectly it can still be Read and encoded By some Programs....

There is No Standard Video format Named .zav so i"m not dissapointed...

Cheers

5. fugly

fugly Guest

It wasn't avi it was mpeg4

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

Most Mpeg-4 is AVI...DivX and XviD are the Most Popular Mpeg-4 formats and are in the AVI Container Format...There are some Proprietary Mpeg-4 Formats that use the MP4 extention But you would need to have a Specific Mpeg-4 codec installed and there are also some Mpeg-4"s in the Quicktime Container Format but these Formats are not that Common and are allmost Unheard of in Downloaded Movie Files....

7. ch107

ch107 Member

ok i am in the same boat , but i am not that smart when it comes to this, its in the same format, how can i change it so i can burn it with nero,or if i have that dvdsanta would that burn it?

8. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Just to shed some light on this thread -- !!

The Zav extension does exist -- it is a compression method that originates from a guy name Alex Zavatone , it is being beta tested now and should be out in the next few months ; you can extract with 3ivx Crush -- you will see many Torrent files with that extension.

Have a Great New Year !

9. zav

zav Member

Ok, Zav here. Please bear in mind that the .zav format is new to me.

If "somehow" a video appears with my name as the extension, it's probably a version I made while testing 3ivx Crush. If so, i is probably a QuickTime movie since if I created it on the mac, I may not have used an extension at all. Try putting a .mov after the file.

3ivx is a codec for Windows Media and QuickTime that (I feel) is awesome for creating MPEG 4 videos.

3ivx Crush is a batch video compression tool that we have been working on.

You can download 3ivx from http://www.3ivx.com.
    You can find out more about 3ivx Crush at the 3ivx Forums, http://forums.3ivx.com

Cheers,
    - Alex Zavatone
    3ivx Crush Product Manager.