AfterDawn Forums

Internet on psp without access point

This discussion thread has 53 messages.

I would like to connect my psp to the internet but i dont have an access point anywhere. How do I?
▼▼ This topic has 52 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
You can't. PSP can only connect to the internet through a hot spot or through a router at home. If you neighbours have one ask if you can use theirs because most routers are probabbly WEP password protected. I suggest getting a router like myself. I still haven't got a router yet but I will do tomorow. Good luck on getting one.

- I pwn n00bs -
You need a router, you can't get something for nothing.

~ Dell Dimension 2400 ~ Pentium 4 ~ 512MB RAM ~ 160GB HD ~ 17" Dell TFT ~
~ Dell Inspiron 6000 ~ Centrino 1.6 ~ 512MB RAM ~ 40GB HD ~ 15" Widescreen TFT ~

~ 2MB Blueyonder Broadband ~
~ Belkin 54g Wireless Router ~

~ Sony PSP v2.0 ~
~ Sony PS2 ~

~ X-BOX ~
~ Apple U2 Limited Edition 20GB Colour Ipod ~ Apple In-ear Headphones ~
what about connecting with a broadband computer? ive heard u can do that.
Yeah ive heard that too.

I have a text file of how to get internet on PSP without a router if anyone wants it.

~ Dell Dimension 2400 ~ Pentium 4 ~ 512MB RAM ~ 160GB HD ~ 17" Dell TFT ~
~ Dell Inspiron 6000 ~ Centrino 1.6 ~ 512MB RAM ~ 40GB HD ~ 15" Widescreen TFT ~

~ 2MB Blueyonder Broadband ~
~ Belkin 54g Wireless Router ~

~ Sony PSP v2.0 ~
~ Sony PS2 ~

~ X-BOX ~
~ Apple U2 Limited Edition 20GB Colour Ipod ~ Apple In-ear Headphones ~
Take their advice when they say you need a wireless router. If you have cable, dsl, T1, T3, dial-up, you still need a wireless router. It is just like a cordless phone. The psp is the phone but you have to have the router which would be the base to the cordless phone that has an antenna to send the signal to the phone. Get it??

I have cable internet and a psp i use online.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 28 Dec 2005 @ 5:24
JayMan666 Suspended due non-functional email address
i have a question! I have followed all the steps to get internet but i dont have wipeout pure. Everything is connected but how do i get on the internet. Is there a button or something i click?
1) Do you have a Wireless Router
2) Is it set up?
3) Are you sure this is your Wireless Router ~No sneeking off stealing your Neighbors' Bandwidth!
4) To enjoy the Internet on your PSP™ you need to update to at least v2.00 ~Or Higher~
Elvsdaman Suspended due non-functional email address
does anyone know the name of the router that ur supposed to get to put internet on ur psp?
KRollie Suspended due non-functional email address
Don't know if this works or not as I have not tried it.

http://www.pspcrazy.com/wifihack.htm

P4 3.4GHz Advent T11, 512MB Ram, Nvidia Geforce 6600 256MB, 250GB Hard Disk, Pioneer dvr-108 writer.
PS2 Version 9 Silver, Flip top (Sprayed), Swap Magic v3.3, 250GB HD - HDAdvance 3.0.
Scotland
PSP 3.03SE 2GB MS
XBOX 360
well - something thats a MUST HAVE FOR ME - check this out NOT EXPENSVE AT ALL !!!! and seems very good

http://play.com/play247.asp?pa=stcs2&page=title&r=PSP&title=866456

"Connect your PSP wirelessly to the internet - it's quick and easy.

Plug WiFi Max into any internet enabled PC to create a high speed wireless access point. WiFi Max provides a true wireless 'G' access point, 5 times faster than a standard WiFi connection. You can connect multiple consoles and even other WiFi devices including laptops and PDA's."
KRollie that very may work...but ONE still MUST have a wireless card. and If one has a wireless card more than likely they have a wireless router.
IROT Suspended due non-functional email address
i have a cable modem but i dont have a wireless router... cant i just hook up to the internet with like a usb cable or something like that?!
IROT Suspended due non-functional email address
help me, i need to enable wma playback but i cant get on the internet with psp, i have cable internet but i still have not idea about how to get on internet with that
Hey i only have broadband internet, steve 191 said sumik about a internet on psp without a router? could i have it... also i no nothing about routers, if i bought 1 i wouldnt no wat to do. are they complicated?
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 05 Dec 2007 @ 21:12
which update for the psp is better for internet browing....2.0...2.5....??

and can't u steal internet from the neighbors....?
but then how can you get internet...like on a plane...or in a car?
do you need a memory stick for web browsing....like one of those $100?....

somebody....can u please answer my questions
o and what is WiFi???

can download aim to the psp?
btw is their a range on the internet if u get a router?
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 05 Dec 2007 @ 21:13
yea this about 100 m inside and around 300m outside
kk thnx n is it easy so set ur router up, jst buy it and plug it into ur usb?
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 05 Dec 2007 @ 21:15
well most routers go by ethernet connections i think u can get ones by usb i iant sure. yea i was well simple just folow da manual, and u will be ok :)
kk thnx m8 and do u think this router wud work?
http://play.com/play247.asp?pa=stcs2&pag...SP&title=866456
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 05 Dec 2007 @ 21:17
hmm bud i dunno it doesnt say nefing about usb, what isp r u wid r u in england?
yeh im in england, i no nothing about ips or anything...ull have 2 explain it 2 me, email me or something i have 2 go now
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 05 Dec 2007 @ 21:19
lol gdgd, isp means internet service provider, e.g aol, bt, ntl etc lol
gis ya email and i chat about to ya
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.