1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE HELP WITH TMPGENC!!!!!

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by asianhots, May 1, 2002.

1. asianhots

asianhots Guest

Please will soem one please help me!!!! i just started using tmpgenc and i converted "black hawk down" (avi) movie.. into an "mpg" and when it finished... i played it.. i can see the movie but i do not hear anything please will some one help???

2. izmzz

izmzz Member

try using virtual dub to extract the sound first. then open up TMPGEnc and in the audio/video browse, point the video to the avi and the audio to the audio you extracted from the avi. this worked for me when i had the same prob. for more detail go to vcdhelp.com

3. STL/ZAL

STL/ZAL Guest

How did you convert from avi to mpg with tmpgenc?

4. Lostboy76

Lostboy76 Member

Hey ... i have a similar problem ...
    I converted AVI to MPEG also ... but i had to split the audio file because it was ac3. I converted it with nandub to .wav and followed the guide on this side to make it an mp2 file. When i used tmpg to mux them together it failed at 85% ... any reason why?

Thanks...

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

What error did it give you for failing the Muxing???You Know there is a Plugin you can get that should let you encode AVI files with AC3 in Tmpgenc, You can get it here :
    http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/AC3ACM/AC3ACM.zip

This will also allow you to extract the Audio to Wav format Properly useing Virtual dub and it will Frameserve the AC3 also....

I have found it more reliable to decompress the audio in the AVI file useing "Decompress.exe" rather than useing Virtual-Dub to extract the audio to Wav format..You can still get Sync Problems when useing Virtual-Dub to extract the audio...Cheers