1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ffxi

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by boobooman, Dec 30, 2005.

1. boobooman

boobooman Regular member

hi i need help ive installed it spent 20 hours updateing ffvii

finaly get to play as it starts loading i get a msg saying i got a hardware problem

according to the box im fine

ive running a laptop on 2.8gh

512ram

120 gig hd

64 mb gc

only dial up hence the long time download
    is ths going to affect the game well if i ever get it to run it also ive a top spec alienware laptop ive network
    with this one i dont mind playing on that laptop but i dont want to spend another day updateing

could i update the file from the ones on this laptop as in shareing that hard drive and just play it networked

if anyone could help i would be very happy ive never played a game on line before and really wanting to play ffxII

thanks adam

2. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

im not sure but some programs give you an option to update from a file when doing update processes and then you just select the file wherever it may be. youd need the laptops networked if your going to stand a chance.
    have a look around in the update settings to see if there are any options for updating from sources other than the net

3. boobooman

boobooman Regular member

yeah i no what the problem is this laptop dosnt surport tnl so thats why it wont run the two laptops are networked together but dont really no what setting im looking for

i can share the file but then i open the playonline app it wont open going to try and install it on the other one later thanks any more help would be great as not to clever when it comes to networking lol

thanks boobooman

4. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

okay if i were more familiar with the game i might be able to help more im just using guesswork here lol.

if there are any advanced settings take a look for anything related to updates and see if you can choose an update source (usually default to the internet) see if you can change it to be the other computer