1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unable to uninstall conflicting antiviruses : script error on page

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by Tqq, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Tqq

Tqq Guest

I installed Mc free antivirus on my laptop and the trial version was working properly untill i installed trend micro pc -cillin. when i tried to uninstall Mc free i received an error message which stated that their was a script error on the page and i was asked if still want to run the script. regardless of what i selected, yes or no, the Mc free application installer window was not desplayed properly and the option buttons to uninstall was left blank. so i can unstall this program and no features of it seem to work, i keep getting the same error message. when i try to uninstall trend micro to see if that would help, i received another error message
    which stated that :" there was an error applying transforms, verify that the specific transform paths are valid" now i cant uninstall even that. can you tell me a way to copletely remove these programs from my laptop.nothing am doing seemes to work. can that cause my system to crash?

2. spertti

spertti Active member

I´m not sure if this helps, but you could try removing that program in safe mode. You can get in to safe mode by tapping F8 while starting.

3. rav009

rav009 Active member

yeh unistaling one in safe mode, its worth a try, btw tqq you shouldnt cross post.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2005
  4. Tqq

Tqq Guest

I have already tried that. the problem is their is an error on the srcipt of the page, and the options to uninstall are left blank. It dosent help wheather am i safe mode or not , i keep getting the same errors. should i try formatting the hard drive?

5. rav009

rav009 Active member

well tqq, if you feel like its easier to just reformat go ahead and do it because it will work for sure, just back up what you can and do it, but i think you should just give it a while and get a way to sort it.

just go into safe mode with comand prompt and remove it, seems like the best way...

6. Tqq

Tqq Guest

i have some konledge of sertain commands in command prompt but i dont know how to remove a program using it . it would be a big help if you could give some command lines.

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

8. rav009

rav009 Active member

yeh tqq just remove the program with regedit as ddp said, start>run>regedit.
    then navigate through the registry tree and delete "mc free" or trend micro pc cillin.
    if it was me as i assuume its mc afee you mean i would delete that and keep trend micro pc cilin, i dont think ive ever heard of mc free...

Last edited: Jan 1, 2006