1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radeon x800 xl?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by ST_Writer, Dec 30, 2005.

1. ST_Writer

ST_Writer Member

I was thinking of buying a ATI Radeon X800XL Graphics Card, I heard that If your system isn’t that good there’s only so much that your graphics card can do and It wont be able to reach its full potential So I was wondering if that card is right for me, I have a ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Series Motherboard, and A Athlon 64 3200+ processor. Thanks for the help

2. Ragnarok2

Ragnarok2 Guest

You've got a great system my friend. If you got the Radeon X800XL you'd be playing all of the most recent games without any problems. If you got some extra cash, I'd go for a more powerful card like the 7800GT or X1800XL.

BTW, how much RAM do you have and do you have AGP or Pci-Express?

3. jonni3

jonni3 Guest

The X800XL is a good card but try to get hold of a X800 GT02, these babys can be unlocked to X850 XT specs which was the the fastest last gen card .... makes it pretty good value for money

4. Ragnarok2

Ragnarok2 Guest

So can the X800PRO...the X800GTO2 cards will be very very hard to find.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2005
  5. ST_Writer

ST_Writer Member

I have a PCI-E and I have a 512 & 128 of ram I also read on my computers manual that it strongly recommends that I go with a ATI card, Is this a good idea or is it just marketing for ATI?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2006
  6. wdowsing

wdowsing Regular member

that motherboard is an ATI one isnt it so of cause they would recommend an ATI card.

7. ST_Writer

ST_Writer Member

I found a gto card but whats up with DIAMOND & SAPPHIRE there web sites say that they are a part of ati but are they the same as the normal ati line or worse?