1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xeno gc modchip problem you have to read this!!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by johnodd4, Dec 31, 2005.

1. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

ok i decided to purchase a xeno chip but before i did i ran into a problem a major problem

yes the chip works and also it doesn't

newer version's of the gamecube here in the u.s.a don't look like the picture for the installation image on the web page so i cannot use it on my model of gamecube

pretty dumb to design a cube chip that is only compatible with one series of cube

2. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Seriously? I thought all the laser modules were pretty much the same.

3. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

i thought so too

untill i purchased my new gamecube with my mobile monitor and looked at them both i found that in order to install the chip you have to apply more soilder

then the instructions apply so i fixed it just remeber that if you purchase this chip use lots of solder

4. boki2002

boki2002 Guest

but thats not realy a hude problem, attach some wires to the correct places on the chip and link them to the correct places on the board,(if u know where they are!)

5. tempest9

tempest9 Member

Can you give more info on your GC - model, rev A, B, C, etc...

6. binlookin

binlookin Member

hi!

i have a platinum gamecube will the instructions be good to follow in installing this chip? also, is it hard to solder i am a complete noob at soldering and modding, have very very little experience in soldering. also do i need to adjust the pot to have the backup of my originals play properly or will a good media like ritek g04 do just fine?

tia.

7. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

i have two gamecubes

1.is rev a

2.is rev c

and the differrence is really minor

8. nsx88

nsx88 Member

can anyone clarify for usa models that only more solder is required. the chip still sits in the right spot and works in a perfect manner, right?

planning to get this xenogc chip from eurasia and shipped via airmail to brampton, ontario.

anyone delt with eurasia before, mind sharing their experiences, shipping times for airmail, etc?

thanks

9. Stir_Fry

Stir_Fry Regular member

nsx88, I bought my chip from http://www.divineo.cn. It arrived from China in around 5 days and I had to sign for it (I'm in the UK).

They also email you a tracking number you can use on Hong Kong Post's website.

10. nsx88

nsx88 Member

order mine from eurasia, hope to see it arrive within a week.

11. Spilo

Spilo Guest

Will this chip play multi-disc games ok?