1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

play iso from hdd

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by matskull, Jan 1, 2006.

1. matskull

matskull Guest

Hi, I have a "modified" xbox with evox on it, I heard it is possible to play iso directly from xbox hdd with krayzies installer but I'm new to these xbox hacking things and it seem very difficult to me. Is there an app that I can ftp to my xbox E:\Apps folder and use to play iso fromm hdd (without having to extract the iso and then ftp all the files). I'm asking the question because with tony hawk american wasteland I have invalid files (can't transfert) dureing ftp transfert and I tried different way and downloaded another iso release of the game, always the same problem and the game seem to work but at a mission it say that the disk most be scratched or endomaged.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I sent you a private message but I gave the directions on how to do this incase others need help and the information.

This is for Krayzies softmod installer. I have no idea if this will work with any other softmods.

You need to download: C-XBox Tool 2 and driveimageutils-v1.0.1 which you can get at x-bins

Below is a link with a guide on how to get to Xbins http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/xbins.php

What you will do is use the attach.xbe file in the driveimageutils-v1.0.1 folder and rename it with C-XBox Tool 2 with the name you have your ISO named.

Example:
    1. download the files above from Xbins and extract them to a folder.

2. Copy the attach.xbe file in driveimageutils-v1.0.1 to the C-Xbox Tool 2 folder.

3. Go to the C-Xbox Tool 2 folder and double click the cxboxtool.exe file.

4.Once the program starts select the (Edit XBE-Title)

5. Click on the little folder next to the XBE FIle pulldown window and browse to where the attach.xbe file is and choose that.

6. The title says (Attach Virtual Disc) and you need to change that to whatever the ISO name is. My Tony Hawks American Wasteland ISO is named THAW so in the section for new title I put THAW. make sure that there is a check on create new title. and then click on Edit title. It will make a new XBE and it will be called (renamed.xbe)

10. Make a folder with the name of the game. I have mine named TH American Wasteland.

11. Place the game ISO and the new title file (renamed.xbe) into the TH American Wasteland folder.

12. Now rename the (renamed.xbe) to default.xbe

13. FTP the folder to your Xbox HDD

Last edited: Jan 1, 2006
  3. matskull

matskull Guest

Thanks. Somebody know if it work with the last evolution x?

4. matskull

matskull Guest

Ok, I tried your metod with evox, it didn't worked so can you tell me more about krayzie. Is it a dashboard? How to install, for the moment my xbox is chipped (I'm not sure if it's the good term) with evox as main dashboard with a 120 gig hdd. I don't know more about it because it's not me who did the job.

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

As far as I know chiped Xbox cant play ISO games. they need to be in file format in a folder. Krayzies installer is a softmod motheod of modding your Xbox.

6. matskull

matskull Guest

Ok but do you why when I load the Tony Hawk A.W. iso in qwix and click FTP upload all, it give me a list of files that are invalid, I tried with 2 different iso, same thing and the game bug at a mission saying that there is maybe a scrach on the disk, so I things that these "invalid" files are the problem. I was thinking that playing directly from the iso should resolve the problem but evox regonize it and its in the play game from hard drive but when I select it evox start loading and then it return to the dashboard. Any idea?

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It is because there are a few files that have long file names that cant be trabsfered to the Xbox HDD.

The outcome of missing files that couldnt be transfered is when you come to the point that the game needs those files it gives you a dirty disc error cause the files are not there

It will work if you burn it to a disc and play off a disc.

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Edit Double post

Last edited: Jan 2, 2006
  9. matskull

matskull Guest

Thank You.