1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Experiencing Difficulty Using DVD RB and CCE? If So, Then Ask Your Questions Here.

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, Jul 26, 2004.

1. bigorange

bigorange Active member

LOL, well, you're right except in brobear's case it's definitely not hardware limitations since I'm familiar with his system..

There never seems to be any rhyme or reason, which is what makes troubleshooting so difficult, that, and the 3-4 hour encode times.

The fact is, if the results weren't so friggin' fantastic, I fear people would have given up long ago.

In my case it worked from day 1, it was only when I added remake to the mix, i started to have problems. But after spending 40.00 I wasn't gonna give up that easy and by switching to CCE 2.67 it cured my problems.

Sometimes, newer isn't better. ;)

2. Gnomex

Gnomex Regular member

bigorange,

I used to use DVD X Copy (NEVER AGAIN) express and a few other applications. I spent a lot of time reading post from CCE ~ DVD-RB users. After a short internal debate, I purchased CCE basic. I had some minor setup problems in the beginning.. After all was put right my first working encode sold me. I am now working with DVDRemake. The long encode times are a hassle, but the output is outstanding.

3. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

The only configuration problems I've ever experienced were caused by installing DVD2DVDR, but since I'd been using AviSynth and CCE for a long time before DVD-RB was released that's hardly a surprise. I wonder if it might help some people to come up with an automated process for testing those programs independent of DVD-RB. Since Avisynth can create a video clip without an external source, it would certainly be possible. Add an ECL file, and maybe a batch file to run it, to automate encoding and you should have a pretty good test.

4. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

[bold]I wonder if it might help some people to come up with an automated process for testing those programs independent of DVD-RB?[/bold]

If this is possible, I think it would be a great idea.

5. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

I thought I'd let everyone know that I just ran a movie through the new RB.61 without any problems. The video_ts file was the normal 4.32 GB.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2004
  6. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

After some more thought, here's what I think would work best for testing AviSynth and CCE. There should be 3 different AviSynth scripts, a VOB file with an associated D2V file, and an ECL file with a batch file to automate encoding. The first script would just have the AviSynth Version() filter, allowing you to simply play it and verify what version of AviSynth you're running. The second would play the VOB file, allowing you to make sure MPEG2DEC3dg.dll was setup correctly. The third script would generate a 3-5 minute video clip, which would be encoded automatically by CCE using the batch file. You could then check the size of the resulting M2V file to make sure the size was correct. It would also be a good idea to create 2 different versions of the encoding script, so the resolution would be correct for NTSC or PAL.

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

vurbal, that sounds like a wonderful idea(on paper, anyway-lol) and would certainly cut down on the time factor. You would be able to test your setup in under 20 minutes!

Your familiarity with Avisynth is certainly a plus. Unfortunately I had never used it til I used Rebuider/CCE.

8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

jdobbs

If RB .61 cures only a tenth of the 0003 and 4 problems that be a big step in the right direction.

I go to work for a few hours and when I get home I find a dozen posts to read on this thread alone. I've got to sneak in a little forum time during lunch.

9. bornblind

bornblind Member

Progress Report:
    After starting with .59 and trying every possible combination of CCE versions (well, a lot of them, at least, but notably, no Basic versions), I installed .60 and was finally able to produce a finished movie with CCE SP 2.66.xxxx trial, but still not with 1 pass vbr w/analysis. On the computer I was using(AMD 1 gig CPU),that process took 486 minutes. Prior to .60, I had 0003 and 0004 errors by the score, but these went away with .60. However, every time I tried to use the 1 pass method (the fast way) with .60 and CCE 2.66, the program would either: a)choose a Q of 0 (zero) and repeat testing 0 as Q about 20 times and finally give an overflow error, or b)choose a Q of 27 and keep increasing it to something like 21045 (also around 20 tests), also finally give an overflow error. The program could not seem to get a different projected file size with any Q, so it just kept trying to overflow. But...undaunted and encouraged by progress, I installed CCE Trial 2.67.00.13 and everthing worked perfectly in 1 pass vbr w/analysis mode; even the size of the of the resulting files came to 4,576,847,907 bytes, or 4.26 gigs. This was using the newest eclcce.exe, with the settings used in the guide. I did not use the 1 click option, but can't see that this would make any difference. I hope this might help someone. It was a long battle.

10. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

bornblind ... thanks for the feedback. Very few here have had the patience to work through the CCE trial's problems. I personally gave up, and bought the S/W. Now that you have seen the quality, I trust you'll see the merits of purchasing the CCE software.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2004
  11. bornblind

bornblind Member

P.S.--That working CCE was CCE SP Trial 2.67.00.13, by the way.

12. bornblind

bornblind Member

Certainly, Doc. If CCE isn't the best encoder out there, at least it's good enough to deliver results with DVDRB that are so close to the original DVD quality that I don't see how the difference could matter to anybody, and as for myself, I can't see any loss of quality in the movie I encoded, which was 53% of the original DVD size. The combination of RB and CCE is a winner for me. Thanks to everyone for all the advice, etc.

13. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

bornblind

Thank you for sharing that and it's interesting that your results improved with CCE SP version 2.67.00.13 and the latest version of eclcce. Jdobbs had encountered a CCE SP 2.67.00.23 non trial version that had a sizing problem (If I remember correctly) I believe that led him to release .58 and on to .61.

Good work jdobbs.

14. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Seems there's a time shifting thing going on here.

bornblind, since you have a unique experience it might be helpful if you checked in every now and then and share your experiences with others. I know I'd appreciate it.

15. bornblind

bornblind Member

Sure, Sophocles, I'd be happy to, but I have my fingers crossed that nothing is going to change, ha, ha. I probably won't mess with ReMake, etc.., or even change versions of RB unless there is some added functionality. If something goes haywire, I'll be in touch for help or to post results. Thanks again.

16. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

Time shifting thing? What's up?

17. Gnomex

Gnomex Regular member

bornblind,

It sounds like you go for the famed "if it works don't ____ with it" camp.

Now I like to play with danger my self. I like to play with software. However, I subscribe
    with the backup before you play mentallity.. LOL.

18. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Gnomex, I'm a player myself and also subscribe to the If it ain't broke theory. depends on if I'm lazy or industrious that particular day. But the backup thingy is a notable point.lol

19. HKT3020

HKT3020 Regular member

I've been reading the posts here for the most part and after recently acquiring the tools needed to use CCE & Rebuilder, I've come across an error. 0004 Error seems to be the case when during the encoding process on Fight Club. I'm using DVD-RB 0.56b, CCESP 2.66.01.07. To further explain I'll add an image of my settings...

[​IMG]

My system specs are as follows...
    3.2GHZ P4 HT, 1.5GB RAM, 120GB HD with a total of 4 partitions. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

20. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

jdobbs

I go to read a post and then write a response to it, but by the time I hit reply, there's another half dozen posts in front of it that I've never seen. I find myself reading from my post backwards instead of forward.