1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASPI problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Will44, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Will44

Will44 Member

Like a good newbie I read the fourth thread in this section "Do you need help" Read this first"
    Item 11 "What is ASPI & do I need it."

So I followed the link and downloaded the Adaptec Aspi files and installed them (XP). Now Nero Info Tool tells me "ASPI installation is corrupted"

Heeeellllllllppp!

2. Will44

Will44 Member

Fixed problem.

3. amylogamy

amylogamy Member

How did you fix your problem? The same thing just happened to me. After installing the ASPI sytem drivers, now Nero says that they are corrupted. I have been trying to figure this out for hours. Please advice. Thank you.

4. Will44

Will44 Member

I looked in Nero and found which files were the new additions and wrote down the complete names.
    Then I did a search for each one, including hidden folders or your system won't find it, then just deleted it.

5. amylogamy

amylogamy Member

Thank you for the information. I was able to uninstall and reinstall the ASPI without the corrupt files this time. I got a little help from the "big guys" but I apprecite your response. Amy

6. mhsaqib

mhsaqib Guest

I have just installed Nero 7. Under Nero UnfoTool it says:-

ASPI Installation - System ASPI - ASPI installation is corrupted.

Nero ASPI - ASPI installed and working properly.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

7. amylogamy

amylogamy Member

Hi, mhsaqib

This is what a senior member had me do. Go to the web site below and downolad the force aspi. Whithin this program there is a folder called killasip. Run it and it would erase the current System's aspi. Then run the aspi force and it would install a new aspi in your system. It worked for me. I hope it works for you too Amy

you might try force aspi.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/frcaspi.cfm
    I think one of the programs in it is killaspi and this one removes the old aspi. Then run the force aspi, and it should fix it.