1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Capturing with AVI_IO

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by squizluke, Jan 7, 2006.

1. squizluke

squizluke Regular member

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

What Type of Capture Device do you have???

Have you Tried different Capture software??

3. squizluke

squizluke Regular member

Hauppauge WinTV Capture card. The Card Works and I can see TV with this software it just wont let me capture long enough. I just thought i may have missed somthing. I have tried other software but i just wanted to try some different ways of capturing.

Thnks for you reply.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well It is Just that AVI_IO is a pretty old program and it works best with VFW Drivers (Most newer cards use Direct Show WDM Drivers)and will only Capture to a Max file size of 4gb and then split the File..(At least with the versions I used)....

There are VFW Compatible WDM drivers for your card that are Much better than the Hauppague drivers that Come with that card...

These Drivers are Specificly Designed to maximize the performance and Features from the decoder Chip on your card (BT848 ,BT878A ect)...

They will allow you to capture in Stereo at Full 720 x 480 NTSC or 720 x 576 Pal Resolution and with a Wider Range of programs and it should work with AVI_IO Much better....

You can get it here:

http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/download.html

Cheers

5. squizluke

squizluke Regular member

Ok thanks. I'll give that a go.