1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Project - Desire

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by gl9, Jan 8, 2006.

1. gl9

gl9 Member

First, 3 things:
    1. I sat up all night writing this thing.
    2. In essence, I'm looking for help in trying to figure out a solution to each issue (3 in total).
    3. I wrote this with the intention of submitting it to Nero as feedback.

Tell me what you think.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEAR NERO,

I have recently bought a Sony DRU-810a, and I installed the award winning Nero software that came with it. Upon reviewing it, I was mainly disappointed with the package.

MY ISSUES WITH THE NERO SOFTWARE:

Interface & Layout
    First of all, the Nero StartSmart program has an ugly interface. It looks like a tumor. It’s bulky, and it’s “intrusive”. I am suggesting that several skins should be available, e.g. Classic Nero, Simple, etc. Furthermore, it could be bigger so that it would allow the user to see all selections on one screen instead of having to scroll through (see picture below). The many options make the interface look cluttered since they’re forced into a tiny space.

[​IMG]

Ejecting Disks (Potential Tray Damage)
    Upon stopping the Nero Burning ROM SE program from burning, the disk is ejected. This is a nuisance because I have checked the ‘don’t eject the disk after a burn is complete’, and I DON’T want the tray to come out. I keep my computer inside a desk, and when the door is not open, the tray does not have room to come out. I don’t want my writer to be damaged.

On a different occasion, I wanted to test the extent of this ‘ejecting feature’, so I tried to burn a random file without any medium present inside my burner. To my surprise, the tray ejected and a message similar to ‘Insert empty disc to write to’ popped up. This is yet another instance of the, now, greatly annoying and unwanted auto-ejection.

Installs Too Many Programs
    I will never use the Nero Cover Designer, Nero Wave Editor, Nero MediaHome and Nero BackItUp programs. How do I uninstall them in an effort to clear my computer of “clutter programs”? There are too many things being installed, and some need to go (see below). There needs to be an option of checking which specific programs a user wishes to install/uninstall.

[​IMG]

By the way, a program called Audacity (freeware) supports the exporting of MP3 files (see below). I would have to be infested with misinformation and uneducated echoes if I were to support the use of the Nero Wave Editor. Why is a shareware program inferior to a freeware program?

[​IMG]

CONCLUSION:

Overall, there are many features in Nero that are great. However, there are a few issues that require attention. The most important, of course, is the auto-ejection issue. The installation of too many programs is the next important issue.

That’s it. Thank you for your time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried to remain civil. To do so, I have to fight through stress-induced rage.

2. 9mmruger1

9mmruger1 Regular member

I am sure that nero enjoys feedback from their customers. I wouldn't expect any grand changes from them though. Lot's of folks are gonna have to complain before they take notice.

3. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

@gl9

There are several skins available on the internet for Nero ! Appearance is a matter of taste -- what is ugly to someone can be beautiful to another person.

Grant you this could be a problem for the few users that hide their Pc in a closed enclosure -- how many are they !

When you install Nero 7 -- you have the liberty of choosing Custom Installation and de-select any features you do not want.By the same token you also have the option to install some features you may have changed your mind on -- later in TOOLS.

I fail to see any substance (beside the Ejecting) in your feedback to Nero !

Edited !

Oops -- Nero Wave Editor does support MP3 exporting if you have the plugin.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2006
  4. gl9

gl9 Member

@Jeanc1

I need to check into this. More skins. We shall see.

This does not exist in my version. I'm on Nero 6. Why don't they just transfer that option into 6 by an update?

I think you have to buy that plug-in, and I refuse to buy it. Screw them.

Alright. I'm going to submit it in as feedback after I make a final edit. Thanks guys.