1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB streaming video driver for Sony DCR-TRV340

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by SacFlava, Mar 25, 2003.

1. SacFlava

SacFlava Member

Does anyone know where I can download the USB streaming video driver for my Sony DCR-TRV 340 digital camcorder? I called Sony but they said I have to order the CD-ROM for it.

2. whompus

whompus Active member

check your private messages [bold]I just sent you one[/bold]

3. pacogv

pacogv Guest

Did you find the way to stream with your cam trv340

where did you get the driver_

thanks

4. mistyc

mistyc Member

please help!

I need that same driver: DCR-TRV340. I can not find it anywhere.

Could youplease help me and atleast point me in the right direction??

THANK YOU!!!

5. SacFlava

SacFlava Member

I actually found the driver through an extensive search online. I forgot the website I found it on, however if you would like me to email it to you then send me a message to <email adress deleted by moderation> and I will forward the driver to you.

-edit: Don't post your email adress here. - It's in the rules. Thanks. - tigre

Last edited: Jul 26, 2003
  6. EncinoMan

EncinoMan Member

I have a TRV740 and claims to have the driver on the software CD. When I loaded it I still cannot get video from the cam. Anyone have better luck than me? Let me know. I was using this on Win2000 server and that might have something to do with it.

7. tommays

tommays Member

every thing i have read says these camcorders need to use the 1394(firewire)connect for video the usb seams to be for stills you really need to read the manual
    tommays

8. Curve

Curve Guest

i´m looking for the USb streaming Video Driver For the sony DCR-TRV530, doy you know were i can get it?

thanks

9. SacFlava

SacFlava Member

For all you guys needing to find a USB driver, I found it at www.usb-drivers.com

10. klnlsu

klnlsu Member

See message below

Last edited: Jun 20, 2003
  11. klnlsu

klnlsu Member

I have Sony TRV-340. Pixela software came w/my camera to be used for USB Streaming. Everytime I used this, my computer would immediately shut down and I would receive an error message. On the Sony website, there is a download to fix this problem, however I was never able to get the file to open and download. Now there is a note on the Sony website that says Windows Movie Maker can be used to USB Stream. I did this, and the video downloaded fine, but I had no audio. I downloaded the new version of Windows Movie Maker(Windows Movie Maker 2), and the USB Streaming works like a charm. I just found this, and haven't played with it a lot, but even the program looks like it would be easy to edit with. My computer operating system is Windows XP. Hope this helps someone

12. stanb

stanb Member

I own a Sony TRV70 and like the unit very much. The streaming video works ok but I cannot use the streaming USB for a webcam on Yahoo. Can this be solved with software or is something more extensive involved? Thank you.

13. 10lov2

10lov2 Member

I have sony trv 340. I have the update ver. 1.5 sony driver. I download the patch from and I can not used my trv340 for video confer nor I can use in new window make 2.. can any body offer some help

14. hstisgod

hstisgod Member

Hi i am caught in the kunundrum similiar to the others. I have misplaced my program disk for pixella, could someone please point me in the direction of a site that I can download the drivers and install usb streaming. Thanks
    Brian

15. mydee

mydee Member

Does anyone know where I can download a new usb software for sony 8 digital camcorder dcr-trv340?

I have to buy it even if I bought it from them they do not allow to download the software.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

MyDee

16. dshark

dshark Guest

What is with Sony pulling this crap?

There are so many of us digital camcorder owners who need the drivers.

I have a DCR-TRV140 but don't have the CD. If someone could help me out too, I'd greatly appreciate it.

(Edited for grammar)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2004
  17. abc1234

abc1234 Member

This seems to be a recurring question. Does anyone have the driver for dcr-trv340 or know where I can find it?? Any help will be appreaciated! Thanks!

18. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

19. nub

nub Member

does it matter which driver i choose, i have a dcr-trv18 and cannot use it with movie maker. what do i need to download?

20. dshark

dshark Guest

I ended up just getting a FireWire (iLink) cable and using Pinnacle Studio 8. Forget Sony.